We stayed at this hotel on 6th and 7th of November. An email of complaint was sent on 11th November and acknowledged on 16th saying it had been forwarded to a director. 11 days later, I emailed the director concerned requesting a full response within 4 days failing which I would publish the matter on the internet. This was arrogantly ignored.
The main complaints we raised were fluctuating water pressure in the hand basin which flooded the user and the floor, a shower which constantly fluctuated violently from cold to scalding which was accompanied by a knocking noise which lasted for at least an hour, one missing headboard reading light switch the cutout of which crudely covered with electrician's tape, only one working central heating radiator (which only came on when vacating the room around 9 am) while 2 other rads were permanently cold (as was the rad in the bathroom) together with several instances of the most dreadful housekeeping we have ever come across. The duty manager said he had no knowledge of the bathroom water problems which was totally implausible. The next morning, we heard people at breakfast complaining about this! Our bill was reduced significantly to the level it should have been even without the problems we encountered. The hotel was so hyped up about having been refurbished etc that we were completely taken in. Good points? Minus the defects, the room itself was very nice and the views of the river and the cathederal were to die for. But if we were offered to stay there again for free we'd decline the invite.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury
- Legacy Rose Crown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Venere and Otel so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.