We'd clued up on this hotel via Trip Advisor before booking. In short, we found elements of all the reviews to be accurate. We wanted to stay in the centre of Salisbury and this seemed to be the best of a not very promising bunch.
The most positive feature of the hotel was the pleasant attitude of the staff. The worst feature by far was the unbearable heat in the bedroom during the night (we stayed for three days over Easter). Even with the heating switched off and the windows open the room was hot and stuffy. It totally spoiled our experience of the hotel. It desperately needs air conditioning and not the small fan provided.
We can confirm that other aspects of the hotel were as recorded by previous TA reviewers:
- The decor is tired in places
- The dining room is under pressure at peak breakfast times (expect upto 25min wait for cooked breakfast)
-The bedroom was relatively small and quite expensive (nearly £400 for 3 nights)
-The traffic noise is very intrusive for the front bedrooms and made worse by the fact that the windows could not be shut (even if we'd wanted to) because the sash cords were long broken.
-There is ample parking at the hotel but it is not secure as the installed barriers are not in operation.
-The advertised satelite TV facility is quite limited in choice of channels
The hotel chain should be ashamed of it's investment in this property. It could be a really first class hotel but the owners seemed content to under invest. The staff worked hard and were responsive but they deserve a better environment that this hotel presents.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.