The parking is around the back, and a little hard to find, but there is plenty of parking, which is lucky as the streets are narrow and many are one way. Overall the experience felt like the hotel was catering to the mass market, and the check-in and check out I found a bit painful. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, it was fine, but nothing to rave about. Our main issue with the hotel was that we up on the 2nd floor, and right down the end of one of the extended "wings" or the hotel, there was no elevator in the hotel, so we had to lug all our bags (there were six of us travelling) up several flights of stairs and down long corridors to get to our room. The redeeming feature of this hotel was the location. It is walking distance to the Cathedral, with its big grounds, and the afternoon at the Cathedral was a highlight for us, mainly because it was a beautiful day and the kids loved being able to stretch their legs and run around the grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury