We booked for two nights at the White Hart, a Friday and Saturday. On arrival at reception we were informed that the restaurant would be shut on the Saturday night due to a private function. However bar meals (burgers, basically) could be served in the lounge area. Not the greatest of starts. The room was clean but although quite large it had the two single beds pushed together to form a double, (not that we specially requested that) which meant that there was off set lights for the bed and only one bedside cabinet. It looked a bit of a miss mash! Bathroom was very clean and well stocked with toiletries.
Our restaurant meal on the Friday was OK though my duck was well cooked it was extremely tough to cut. Food was well presented and delivered in good time. After the meal we went to sit in the lounge by the log fire, only to be told that this area was reserved for a private party. There were no reserved notices or any way of knowing which seats were reserved.
For our Saturday night meal we went to the Cloisters Pub just across the road and had a great meal.
Sunday morning we arrived for breakfast and were turned away as the restaurant was full and advised to return in twenty minutes. Not a good finale to our stay.
There was a saving grace to the hotel though in the form of the maitre d by the name of Ernest. Brilliant asset to the hotel perfect quality old-fashioned service, delivered in a quiet respectful manner.
Basically the hotel seemed under staffed and was struggling to cope with the demands placed upon it. We wouldn't use it again, though Sailsbury at Christmas is well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, ACCOR, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury