Unfortunately my stay coincided with a school leavers' party being held downstairs. Drunken teenagers falling about; far too much noise, vomit on the pavement outside. I had asked for my room to be aired prior to arrival, but it was like a sauna. I managed to find a fan in a wardrobe but it was too late. Opening the window only added to the noise from the function room. the bed was old & "lumpy". I got very little sleep before an important business meeting
Bar person did not appear sober: only filled 2/3 of the glass, the remainder being froth & spilled my drink over my hand: he did not appear to notice & just turned his back on me.
A real shame because the rest of the staff on reception & in restaurant were excellent. The breakfast was also exceptional. I suggest the hotel does not take on kids's functions mid-week when business people stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th century 3 star hotel with 68 en suite rooms stands in the centre of Salisbury overlooking the famous Cathedral. Ideal base to visit Stonehenge and the New Forest. 25 miles from Southampton Airport, 1 mile from Salisbury railway and coach station. The hotel features the award winning Squires Restaurant and Bar, a lounge, 3 conference suites and a free car park. Nearby local leisure facilities just a short walk away include swimming, sauna, squash, tennis, snooker, horse riding and golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure White Hart Salisbury Hotel Salisbury
- Accor White Hart Salisbury
- Mercure Salisbury