“Disappointing!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of 85 Exeter Street

85 Exeter Street
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salisbury
85 Exeter Street
85 Exeter Street, Salisbury SP1 2SE, England   |
Ranked #37 of 51 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Edinburgh
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

Disappointing, when we arrived you couldn't get parked, double yellow lines everywhere, the road was extremely busy. We were shown into a dull lifeless room where we were told to wait. The double bedroom on the first floor was fine, but the twin room that I had booked, was small and only a single bed in it! Obviously I had asked for a twin when booking and was confronted with a single. The lady then preceded to get another bed out from underneath, the room was adequate as a single but not as a twin, one could hardly move. We informed the lady we were disappointed, having booked two nights we decided to stay one as the room was so tiny. We went out for dinner and when we arrived back, the lady demanded payment, when we paid with Scottish notes which are legal tender she refused to accept them. It was an extremely uncomfortable situation, so we decided to leave without breakfast the next morning, having settled the bill the evening before with English notes!

• Liked — Leaving!
  • Disliked — Realising I had made a mistake in booking it when I arrived.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ExSt, Owner at 85 Exeter Street, responded to this review, February 20, 2009
I remember these guests well: two elderly sisters and their mother, who repeatedly stated her age as 92. For that reason only I allowed them to stay, despite their unceasing complaints and utterly offensive comments. I offered to find them somewhere more to their taste and they declined. I now regret not insisting they leave immediately, they were clearly out of their depth and had no idea of how to behave. I am so glad they will not recommend me to their friends, we would not have anything in common. Plainly no Tripadvisor correspondent has agreed with this review and it has certainly not affected my bookings or testamonials elsewhere.

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Been to 85 Exeter Street? Share your experiences!