“Food great, service lacking!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vodka Revolution Bar, Leeds

Vodka Revolution Bar, Leeds
41 Cookridge Street, Leeds LS2 3AW, England (Leeds City Centre)
+44 113 380 4992
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
“Food great, service lacking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went as a group of 4 - a reunion before we all went back to university before exams.

To keep it short, the food was great, the food is always great. Steak denver fries are amazing mmm! The drinks were delicious - if a little pricey.
But the service was terrible. We were a group of 4 18 year old girls, and we got asked for I.D 3 times, by 3 different waitresses. Our order was wrong (duck wraps instead of pizzas) our drinks were served to the table behind us, until i waved and said they were ours. My friend was brought 3 diet cokes when she only asked for one. And to top it all off, they brought us a pitcher of water, WITH NO GLASSES. So we thought we'd be hilarious and chug it straight from the jug......

Overall, great restaurant, 50% off on Mondays, will be returning over and over as I love the food, but the service seems terrible in every revolution!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Catterick, United Kingdom
“would rate it lower if I could”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

As a Canadian travelling Uk I was quiet excited to see the Leeds Christmas market but that sadly was ruined by our last stop of the day, Vodka Revolution bar... We first entered as a group of six and before ordering asked for a drink. No milk was avalible and we were told we would need to wait 30mins if we wanted our tea well they went to get some. We left and came back a half hour later to the worst service I have ever recieved in my life. Went to order our meals and were left standing at the bar for 20 minutes before even being acknoledged, Finally ordering our meals we sat down and enjoyed a young lad playing piano (he was the highlight of the trip as he was good). Finally our meals came bar 1 Fries and a wrap, when asked I was told it was not ordered which it definatly was as I was the one who ordered it personally for myself (only ordering and paying for myself at the bar). I was called a liar and even had the manager come over and test me on the cost i paid which I had no problem telling him or showing my exact change of breaking the bills I had to in order to pay. He still insisted I was lying but gave me my meal which I got to eat after all my friends had finished, we were then icnored like the plauge for the rest of our visit. I felt the need to talk to manager before i left myself working in customer service sector and feeling very upset about how I was made to feel. I was told he did not care and it's not like were local or will come again!!!! I am disgusted and disgraced.... The food was alright nothign to write home about and the service killed it all...

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best bar food in leeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Found in the centre of Leeds is Revolution Electric Press. Mainly known for its wild nights it has been overlooked on its range and quality of food. Great range of food and well priced with very attentive and friendly service. We came in with children and the waitress came straight over to help with our pram and then gave the kids colouring sheets to keep them occupied. So me and my partner felt very relaxed and stayed in with the kids for a couple of hours as we were so impressed! Would recommend to everyone!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“so many good memories”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was one of the usual places to go when I was a student in Leeds. Great fun, drinks...all good. Never tried food there though so can't really commen on that.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food, ruined by service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We chose to dine on a monday night to take advantage of the 50% off food all day offer. As we had never been for food there before, upon entering we wern't sure of what to do about sitting down so after a minute of standing like a lemon with no one greeting us - despite walking over to a table and making eye contact with 2/3 staff members laughing to each other.
I then asked at the bar "do we order food here at the bar?" to which he point blankly said "if you stand over there someone will sit you", so we waited...
When we were finally shown to table, bare in mind it was only 6pm, it wasn't very busy but there was 6 of us, we were told we needed the table back by 8pm. We thought 2 hours was easily enough - we were wrong - it wasn't until quarter to 7 when we got our drinks and a food order was taken, despite making multiple attempts to get attention of the staff. Side note, I asked for a bottle of wine, but it took 10 minutes for someone to come to the table and tell us we didn't sell it by the glass, when I reminded them I was after the bottle, they said "oh well we're out of it anyway" with no alternative.
When the food finally came, it was wonderful.. I really was in a bad frame of mind after the wait to even be serviced & so for the food to impress me like it did - and for the value, was brilliant. I had the chicken katsu, and it was just so divine and excellent value. All my other guests were as equally impressed with all their dishes. We had finished after a mere 10 minutes because we were so hungry, and it wasn't for another 30 minutes till we were cleared. We asked if their was time for desserts and apparently their was. We didn't get them till nearly 8, and after the bill fiasco we didn't even end up getting out until half 8. So god knows how long they kept the next table waiting.

Brilliant food, let down by poor service standards & waiting. Such a shame as it has such potential, they could do double the tables if they tried. Will not be returning any time soon, only for drinks.

• Visited February 2013