“One of my favourite restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Absolutely love the food here, good value, the only criticism would be the wait for a table on a weekend as they do not take bookings. The atmosphere is brilliant, you feel as if you are on holiday when you are there and usually the service is pretty good too! The drinks are a little pricey but this is well balanced with the good value tapas on offer and the menu has a wide range of different options. The only criticism is that every time we go there there always seems to be a mix up with the order perhaps they should get each person to write the numbers they have ordered down so that there is no confusion! whenever this has happened though, it is usually easily rectified by staff with no fuss. Overall good dining experience and great food.

Visited March 2013

“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have lived in leeds all my life and have passed this restaurant on a number of occasions. On a recommendation we visited the restaurant, and the only regret we have is that we haven't visited before now! The food is amazing - flavoursome and fresh with great choice for vegetarians! The staff are very pleasant and we will certainly be visiting again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Vegetarian choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went for the first time to this restaurant this week. It was early, about 5.45, and on entering it was naturally empty which was good - we wanted peace and quiet so that we could have conversation - but what struck me immediately was the lovely atmosphere. It was dark, inviting, candles on every table. The staff were so friendly, seemed happy, smiling and courteous. Cuban music played in the background but not so loud as to interfere with conversation. I've been a vegetarian for years and was impressed by the choice on the menu. The food was delicious and plentiful. As the first hour went by the tables filled up. It was interesting to see what other people were eating, there are so many dishes to choose from. The atmosphere was lively, and by the time we left all tables downstairs were full. This was a Wednesday evening. Loved the decor, loved the food, loved the service. Would go again and recommend it to others.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yep, It's a 5 star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I live in Leeds and have passed this place uncountable times... I really have been missing out for all these years.

I had always heard good reviews but you really have to try it.

To keep this short, It was impeccable service in a cool quaint establishment with original Cuban decor. The staff were amazing and ready to give the best that service can offer...

But then the food... well it was incredible. Everything about it. Every dish was full of flavors and cooked to perfection, So much so that I went for seconds... An array of choice and colour and all native to Cuban recipes in which the hotel owners found themselves on a trip to Cuba!

Finally came the bill.. and with a couple of drinks... I was shocked... Let's put it this way I was expecting to pay so much more... and gladly would have!

Do not miss this restaurant!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A complete gem, hidden in plain sight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I pass this place every day on my way to work but never really thought it looked worth visiting from the appearance of the building and the location. I was very wrong.

Went for a friend's birthday and very pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent. Generous portions but really quality fare and a good range of options, some unusual, some more familiar. Very much enjoyed the sangria too!

I'm told you cannot reserve a table, but I would say definitely worth a wait even if it's busy.

• Visited March 2013