“Expensive and unimpressive” 2 of 5 stars

Driffield, United Kingdom
“Expensive and unimpressive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Quite a disappointment.

All the customers were herded into one corner in the window with the sun coming in. Atmosphere was not at all relaxed. Chips tasted earthy but Chicken BLC & American Classic burger were acceptable. VERY expensive for what it was.

ON a positive note the waitresses were very friendly and helpful but other than that nothing would get me back through the doors again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Leeds, United Kingdom
“You know what you are getting!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great for the Tapas menu, 10.99 for 2 courses, other than that it is a bit expensive for what it is. Good choice, and the staff are great. Usually a bit slow even when not very busy, but as I said, you know what you are getting. Easy to park, and pleasant atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“'don't care' attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I visited here for a bite to eat on a Friday afternoon. We arrived between the lunchtime and Dinner rushes and were shown straight to a table.
I didn't expect 5* service as this type of chain restaurant but the experience we had was particularly poor. The waiter who served us initially was pleasant and advised that rather than order large drinks we could have medium as they included unlimited refills. Later when we got the bill we found we had been charged for several medium drinks as we ordered from the wrong menu??
We ate from the lunchtime specials menu. I had the new york chicken and my companion had a burger. Both were average. I had also ordered a crab bruschetta starter which was a bit of a let-down when I hardly found any crab in there! We were asked if we wanted side plates and declined, but a bossy waitress came over and dumped some on our table anyway.
When the bill came we found the error with the drinks and also that we had been charged for two courses when one of us only had one. Again we were told we had ordered from the wrong menu (to say we were only given one menu this seemed to come up a lot!!)
I wouldn't waste your money going here. Although they conceded defeat and reduced the bill in the end, there are other restaurants on this retail park with far better service and value

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous gluten free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had a wonderful meal- all gluten free including the new gluten free burger bun! The manager was so helpful coming to my table to discuss what I wanted & his manner was superb ensuring I was able to have the same as my family on the reduced cost menu. Cannot praise the manager and cook enough for making me feel relaxed when eating out gluten free!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Must admit, was not really looking forward to going to TGI Fridays as it always strikes me as a microwave warm up establishment rather than proper cooking. However that's where my son wanted to go so that's where we went.

Must say I was pleasantly surprised. The Monster Burger was just that, large and plentiful and the burger itself looked hand made and was thick and tasty. Chicken Fajita's were again nice and plentiful although larger Tortilla's would have been preferable. Also when it was pointed out that an erroneous crispy noodle which was impersonating a chicken's wish bone had infiltrated one of the dips accompanying the fajita's, this was quickly rectified by the manager following a rather frantic explanation.

My son's steak was large and cooked just to his liking although the side salad was very large and would have kept the most hungry rabbit entertained for many a night.

All in all an enjoyable meal, if slightly overpriced for what it is. We have eaten much better, but also much worse.

Visited 7th March with family.

• Visited March 2014