“Being a chain doesn't stop here from being very good.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #175 of 1,368 Restaurants in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, South American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
South Shields
“Being a chain doesn't stop here from being very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Good food, good service and good atmosphere here. Good choice for groups and occasions - looks like they've got consistency nailed.
Had the Pollo Caruru (spicy) and the Patatas Bravas, washed down with Chilean Malbec. The hot sauce on the table was a welcome addition to really make your dish extra fiery. Didn't feel out of place at all here dining alone - staff made me feel very relaxed.
Recommend a visit.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Leeds
“Good food bit noisy!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I may be getting old! but a friend and I found it hard to chat with all the background noise. That said it was a good atmosphere and it was a Saturday night! Food was good, nice faijtas and the service was good. Overall a good restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“work's do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went for a work's do. 18 of us. Table was ready about half hour late but the bar kept us occupied. Service was really good- the staff were so helpful and friendly. Was annoying that we had to give a £5 deposit per person in advance. Everyone really seemed to enjoy the food and the atmosphere so I was happy!

Visited October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Really great food & service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My friend and I visited Las Iguanas whilst I was up visiting in Leeds. We did not boom a table and turned up at around 4.30 on a Saturday evening, it was really busy and the manager kindly squeezed us in on the basis that we would have to give up the table again at 6 (fair enough!)
We were taken to the table and drinks brought over within minutes of us sitting down, we ordered the 5 tapas to share for £24. The good arrived within around 10 minutes which I was really impressed with, between us we shared BBQ chicken wings, calamari, curly fries, chorizo in a red wine sauce & duck rolls (all hot and extremely tasty) we also drank some great cocktails which I cannot remember but I have to say I was really impressed with the efficiency of the service and the friendliness of the staff who made sure everything was okay for us both. Would definitely recommend if you're in the area!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had been to Las Iguanas before with colleagues for cocktails and tapas. We enjoyed it.

My parents never had Mexican/Brazil food before, so I took them to Las Iguanas on a Friday night. It was quite busy but our last minute booking was accepted which was great.

We had five taps to share, £23 was good value, and the duck and lamb were very tasty.

My parents both ordered Latin Lamb for main course. The meal were tasty, but one of lamb was quite fat which my mother had to leave half of it. I ordered lime chicken which was a mistake, it doesn't mean the meal isn't good, it just I don't like coconut taste in meal. I should have thought about that before I ordered it.
A bit of disappointed with one of the dish, which was said a traditional/national dish (can't remember the name). There was a picture of the dish on their website which look really nice, a big portion of meat/veg in sauce in a large bowl, however, it was arrived on a flat plate, the meat/veg were barely covered the half of the plate and the other half was rice. My sister said it tastes good but just can't match the actual food to the picture on their website.

The waiter was polite and attentive, the service was fast as well. Even though we had mix feelings about the food, Las Iguanas is definitely a good place to go to after work, drinking at the bar and having tapas, enjoying chatting with friend, always a good atmosphere there.

• Visited September 2013