“Awful service!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo
24 Central Road, Leeds LS1 6DE, England (Leeds City Centre)
+44 (0)113 243 9090
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
“Awful service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My friend and I went yesterday and chose the lunch menu deal. We were presented with spring rolls or pork dumplings for starters and a vegetarian or chicken noodle dish. My friend wanted the chicken noodles with the spring rolls but told they couldn't do it as the spring rolls would only come with the vegetarian noodles. The waitress who served us defiantly said no they were not willing to do that. While she was taking our orders, she was looking at the front door for the new customers coming in. She left in the middle of writing down our orders and raced to attend to the new customers coming in without even excusing herself. We felt like we weren't welcome here at all. I always think whenever I go out that it is worth spending my money in an independent restaurant. To hell with this one... go to Wagamama's! They don't deserve the business if customers are treated more like a nuisance.

68% Recommend
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Where is the food quality, Japanese food art and presentation??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Last Saturday evening we visited Little Tokyo because of friend's birthday and we are big fans of Japenese food. We booked the table for 8, when we arrived the restaurant was actually packed and ouside was quering with people (thought food must be very nice!) We were asked to wait inside(standing!!) for about 18mins but no waitress asked us for a drink! Later we were served, the table area which was pretty dark really, we have to use mobile phone light to check the menu and see clearer the food :(( Food - especially starters were disappointed! We have ordered few to share (soft shell crab Tempura, fried veg chicken wings, bean curds) - None of those were cooked like Japanese tempura (deep-frying) flavour. the soft shell crab was deep fried with normal battered very oily and we couldn't taste any crab meat at all!! My friend's chicken curry sauce was very salty and thick. He could hardly finished it!! I have sashimi bento set and expected this traditional dish shouldn't go wrong. Usually food presented in a box very tidy and delicate. But not mine :( How could they mess about the salad and the sashimi?? Raw fish slice - chunky and long pieces messily piled in a small compartment. Very unexpected and disappointed! Price - I don't understand how the restaurant adding 10% service charge and also extra charge for cake cutting (around 12 quid!!) That's quite rip-off overall! We won't come again!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“great place to go with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Cosy little japanese place behind House Of Fraser. Do great noodles, sushi and bento boxes. Much more authentic feeling than places like Tempopo or Yo sushi.
A hidden gem

Visited March 2013
Baildon, United Kingdom
“Interesting night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Didn't really know what to expect from this establishment but was pleasantly surprised. A party of 15 of us were served with a myriad of cultural delights but my Teryaki Beef steak was to die for, the best steak I have ever eaten by far. Staff are attentive and accommodating but the treck over strange seating and tables was a little bizarre, all part of the experience I guess. Good wine list, reasonably priced food and a welcome change from boring predictable food. Try it, you might well go back :)

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Sashimi & Bento boxes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I really like Little Tokyo :)
The restaurant is cute & the food & drinks are of a very high standard. I agree with some of the other reviewers, in that the staff aren't always very approachable...but, it's worth going for the food & drinks!! I would recommend the Teryaki beef to anyone - it ROCKS!! You can get it in a Bento box & it's SO tasty!
The salmon sashimi is awesome too :) Mojito's are beautiful & delicious. I would happily recommend Little Tokyo to anyone visiting the centre of Leeds - it's definately worth a visit - Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013