“Great night out!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bibis Italianissimo

Bibis Italianissimo
Criterion Place, Off Sovereign Street, Leeds LS1 4AG, England (Holbeck)
+44 (0)113 243 0905
Improve this listing
Ranked #311 of 1,368 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holbeck
Description: Bibis Italianissimo is an iconic and authentic Italian Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with an unrivalled reputation for serving authentic Italian cuisine and providing live entertainment in a truly stunning venue.
West Yorkshire
“Great night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We visited Bibis earlier this week for a special celebration. We took our thee children and had a fabulous night. The children all had non-alcoholic cocktails when we arrived, served in cocktail glasses, with fruit on the side - it was lovely! All our meals were really tasty. The children's menu was excellent, offering a wide choice and really good-sized portions. Overall, we had a great evening, and will certainly be back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

yorkshire
“As title says average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Went for our children's birthday on Friday 22/8 at 6.30pm.
Beautiful interior and friendly staff but food didn't blow us away. It was tasty enough but nothing I've not had in cheaper restaurants.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My partner and I visited here for a special occasion. I was very impressed, the restaurant looks great, and seemed clean. We had starters and main courses however we were stuffed and unfortunately never tried a desert. The food was to an excellent standard, I would recommend the crab linguini. The staff were great; service was excellent, however the restaurant was much quieter than I expected. (We did visit fairly early on a midweek day). Be aware that there is a dress code and I am sure that on busier evenings it will probably be upheld.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Went to bibis for a meal last night on a friends recommendation. I had macaroni and my friend had fish pasta. Food was beautiful and cocktails lovely. Just thought it was a bit overkill on staff and did feel a bit rushed.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good food, good show, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We have been to one of these shows before, and enjoyed it so much we rebooked, 80’s night is great fun for a girls night out.
We arrived at 7, and I spoke to the girl at front of house regarding the menu, it’s a set menu with several different choices, usually there is something I love but this time I couldn’t get on with any of the mains, I explained this and she headed off to speak to the chef. I was chuffed to bits when she came back and said, yes they could accommodate me.

We headed off to the bar, for drinks and cocktails, an extensive choice and the girls love them, although I am a G &T girl myself – Very disappointed that the waiter poured all the tonic into my Gin, I expect to have a splash in and be given the bottle to add at my leisure, when I pointed this out he then tried to pour more tonic in! Given that it wasn’t very loud, I can only assume he wasn’t listening. The girls loved their cocktails though and they are quite reasonably priced too.
We were seated and began to place our orders, unfortunately my conservation regarding the change to my main hadn’t been relayed to our waiter so I had to explain, over and over what I had agreed, and, once again he had to go and agree it with the chef...... Guys you need to address the communication here.
My friend asked if she could just have a Lasagne, again we went around and around as lots seemed to get lost in translation, although he was pretty good at getting the point over that she could have Lasagne however would still have to pay £30, however, as an afterthought, offered her a complimentary dessert.
Anyway orders placed, we waited, and waited, and waited, watching the tables around us being served and they ordered after us, until we had to ask where the food was, ironically it appeared seconds later.
I had the Wild Boar & Pistachio Pâté with Rhubarb Chutney served with Polenta & Sundried Tomato Muffin and it was fab, the pate was so tasty, just how I like it and the Rhubarb Chutney was the right side of tangy, I loved it. Around the table there was Salmon Gravalax & Green Apple Tartare with Toasted Pugliese Bread, beautifully presented and well received, I swapped my Muffin for a piece of Toasted Pugliese Bread and it was perfect, I did also try a nibble of the muffin, I can’t eat a full one as I find them very filling, however it was scrummy, and highly recommended. There was also Green Gazpacho Soup, Cucumber, Green peppers & onions served chilled; again the feedback was that it was good.
I ordered a Gin & Tonic from the waiter, when through the usual rigmarole of explaining I didn’t want any lime or lemon in it, and it was served by another waiter with lime!!! Promptly sent back Guys you need to address the communication here.
Onto the mains, and I had been wondering whether my request would be fulfilled and thankfully it was, I had Roast Angus Sirloin of Beef with Three Pepper Creamy Sauce Celeriac & Potato Gratin (Served Pink) but changed the Beef for Chicken – it was lovely, chicken cooked perfectly and the sauce was great. Around the table was Grilled Chicken and Chorizo Skewer with Spicy Piri Piri sauce served with Sautéed Potatoes and Dourade Fillet with Seafood Paella & Red Pepper Sauce served with Mixed Leaves Salad, again the feedback was all very positive.
Given the fuss about my friend ordering Lasagne I was quite surprised to see lots of table around us that were occupied by people who clearly hadn’t booked for the show and were ordering from the A La Carte menu, this would be perfect for me as quite often I only have a starter and a couple of drinks, so I would be quid’s in............ Again something that should be addressed or BiBi’s may find people turning up on the night and just doing that.

We tried to order the complimentary dessert, 3 times, and it was never forthcoming........... What can be said about that.............. Guys you need to address the communication here...... I feel like I am repeating myself here, and there is a distinct pattern forming isn’t there?

Plates cleared away and the bill appeared, as always we deduct the discretionary service as BiBi’s just doesn’t cut the mustard in this department and never improves, to be honest it puts me off going on a regular night, which is a shame as the food I have had on the themed nights is good.

Yes I would recommend the theme nights, they are good fun, as is the food, but the service is poor.

• Visited August 2014