“Good Curry, but a bit mild.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #274 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
“Good Curry, but a bit mild.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This place was recommended to us by the girl who holds Geoff Boycott's umbrella during rainy interviews, so we knew it was going to be OK. It looks like it is a converted pub, which is always a shame, but nevertheless, it was pleasant enough inside.

The food was good, as was the service. Sadly they didn't have Flying Horse beer, so we had the house Merlot, which was better then expected.

I had a Chicken Madras which was nice, but quite mild. There seems to have been a trend in England for curry strengths to be watered down to appeal to a larger market.

All in all, a good place, I would have no problem going back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Over rated!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Personally i think this place is over rated, i have been twice, The first time i put the poor service, the hour lomg wait for the starter and cold main meal down to the fact they werw busy, mind you only need a handful of people in to make ot look busy!! It is only very small amd you are practically sat on other diners knees. So if you want a private conversation, don't do it in here.... It is very... Intimate for want of a better word!!! Anyway, i was prepared to give ot a second chance, i really wish i hadn't. Service was extremely slow and sloppy, the food was awful, i asked for a particular dish doing extra mild as they said they could.... Well if that was extra mild I'd hate to have extra hot!!!! Made me feel incredibly sick. The first time i came was on valentines day. And it was an overpriced set menu which nothing on it was any good really. The second time was just normal. But the food was equally as bad. We ended up getting someone elses bill and had to tell them because this bill was consoderably more than ours!!!! As if the dirty pots from both the starter and main still on the table wasn't enough to prove what we had been given, as there was plenty left. The person who came was very rude and seemed awfully disgruntled that we had left so much. I was trying to tell him why... Afyer all he did ask, however he was rude and snatched the money and we had to ask for our change. Normally I'd leave a tip.... Only tip i left this time is improve the customer service skills. Or get new staff!! unfortunate because i had heard some good things about the place. Oh well. We know to avoid for next time!!!

Horsforth, United Kingdom
“Consistently outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've been visiting this restaurant on and off for over 20 years. We called in this Christmas again with some friends ,and the food was once again the best I've had, and the service was exemplary! If you are looking for a great curry in or around Leeds city centre, this is the best place I have eaten. Have the lamb bone dinner! Outstanding!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended, my favourite Indian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Anyone not already familiar with this restaurant should definitely give this place a go when they next fancy an Indian. My partner and I eat here all the time whether in the restaurant or as a take away and it is a favourite for both of us.

I always have one of the vegan/vegetarian options (just ask about the oil if you are a vegan) while my partner mixes it up more but the food is always exceptional. The staff are so friendly they are always willing to adapt the meals to suit you without problem - in terms of the vegetarian meals they have easily swapped the meals to add ingredients or mix match what isn't set on the menu showing they are incredibly happy to accommodate anything you might need.

The staff are so incredibly friendly and the food so good I would more than recommend this place. It is always clean and lively, the staff go above to help you and make sure you enjoy everything and the food is absolutely delicious so really I hope anyone looking for a good Indian in Leeds will try it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorkshire
“Consistently Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We've been going here for about 20 years; due to life getting in the way, we don't get to eat at the Sheesh as often as we did, but.... We went tonight and it was fabulous. Great staff, great food, painless bill and a very fine welcome from the owner. Possibly the best curry restaurant in the city! Try the fish.. Starters, mains fish dishes were wonderful :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere