“still as good as ever” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions
Leeds, United Kingdom
“still as good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

i took my wife to salvos last night for her birthday , we used to come to this place in the eightys and i must say it is still brilliant the lay out has changed but for the better , great food great service fine wine even on a wednesday evening it was very busy , excellent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SalvosManagement, General Manager at Salvo's, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Miss Crabberone,
I am delighted that you enjoyed the food on Sunday. Our booking system tends to work on sittings on a Sunday and I'm sure you noticed we were busier at 8pm and 8.30pm -which the empty tables were saved for. The waiter who tried to take your order apologized for approaching your table again -it is a fine line between people feeling ignored after a wait for an order -or feeling pestered? We do use common sense and gauge body language however on this occasion we made a mistake -something anyone could have done. I'm sorry that after many enjoyable experiences that a small matter of human error could cloud your opinion and lead to such an extreme review

kind regards
Paul

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leeds
“Unfortunately not as good as I thought”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Salvo's last Sunday to meet a couple of friends for lunch. My friend and I decided to order from the Sunday specials menu where I chose the courgette bruschetta for starters and the beef pot roast on a bed of parmesam polenta topped with mushrooms for main. The bruschetta was so heavily coated in olive oil that I hardly tasted the courgette or bread, the whole main was very, very bland apart from the mushrooms on top which were divine. The beef was tendency but tasted as if it had been stewed in water just and the polenta tasted bland with no hint of Parmesan or seasoning. My friend had the same main and made the same comments about the polenta and beef. My husband and his friend bothe had pasta dishes, one with a spice tomato sauce and sausage, which was very tasty and the other with broccoli,which looked great.
I had been wanting to visit Salvo's for almost a year and since all my friends love it I think I was just unluck with my choice of main course. Although half of our table (the pasta eaters) loved it I would be in two minds abouts visiting again duo my disappointing experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“My favorite tommy pleaser in Leeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We used to have branches at Salvos when I was a student in Leeds and lived in Headingley. They make probably the best Italian dishes I have ever tried. I would recommend trying their pastas of the day. Will definitely go there again when I am in Leeds next time.

• Visited April 2012
SalvosManagement, Manager at Salvo's, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear DenisD600,
It is great to hear that you have been a fan of Salvos for quite a few years. Thank you for your great review and kind comments i will pass these on to our chefs. We look forward to seeing you back at Salvos on your next visit to Leeds.
Tunbridge Wells
“Excellent,.great food in a lovely atmospheric setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Salvo's really manages to attract all sorts. On a lively Saturday night we dined with a mixture of couples old and young, students, parents and students and lively birthday parties. Service is really really impressive. Friendly and attentive without being intrusive. This is no mean feat as the restaurant was packed. Lovely local feel with good choice of menu and good wine. Bellinis were a little disappointing as no peach pulp used (only juice) but I am being really picky. My pizza was huge and deliciious and of particular mention is the very good value cheese board. possible criticism maybe to their lack of noticing a particularly rowdy table who were annoying a few diners, but they soon left and the rest was superb. Well done Salvo's

• Visited March 2013
SalvosManagement, Manager at Salvo's, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear PeaTunbridgeWells,
Thank you for your review and your great comments regarding the food and service i will be sure to pass these on to our chefs and front of house staff. We are really happy you enjoyed your recent visit and we hope to see you back at Salvos soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Best Lasagne I've tasted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Recommended by a work colleague as being a great restaurant, he wasn't wrong. A good menu , if not a little expensive for steaks and fish. I had the Lasagne and wasn't disappointed one bit, best I've ever tasted. Well worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SalvosManagement, Manager at Salvo's, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Chris,
It is great to hear that we have been recommended and that you enjoyed our Lasagne. We hope you come back to Salvos and try some of other great dishes.