“Excellent example of a budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Leeds Centre

You added Ibis Budget Leeds Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Leeds Centre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Crown Point Road | 2 The Gateway North, Leeds LS9 8BZ, England (Formerly Etap Hotel Leeds Centre)   |
Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
West Lothian
“Excellent example of a budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just spent three very pleasant evenings at Ibis Budget hotel location in Leeds (Crown Point area). 15 mins from station, incredibly quiet rooms despite major road junction right outside, no frills but no hassle. Room small yet well laid out, working area, ingenious "continental" style shower pod, decent TV service or plug in your USB or composite video device. And free, useable wifi. All for less than £30 a night. Impressed. Will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Management_6002, General Manager at Ibis Budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

These ratings I have given this hotel are relative to the amount we paid for this hotel, there was a group of 10 girls and we paid £20 each for 1 nights stay in this hotel which I think is excellent value. The room was really clean, yes it is very small and the shower is in the room which would be a problem if you weren't comfortable with someone but why would you be staying over with them if you weren't?! It did get slightly cramped with 3 girls all trying to get ready in that little space and the fact the plug sockets are on the complete opposite side of the room from the mirror doesn't really help the situation, but it didn't ruin our stay. The bed was pretty comfy compared to other hotels I have stayed in like this. The only issue we had was that we had to pay the balance either fully on one card or fully by cash which was quite a task when there's so many people to take into consideration so I would advise you all take the correct change to pay for your room. I can understand why the hotel is like this but the way in which we were stopped when returning from a night out was a bit over the top, they demanded our names and to see our cards before they even let us into reception (it was raining outside).
Anyway apart from them little mishaps it was really good and I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013
Management_6002, General Manager at Ibis Budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The rating here is relative to the price of the room as it was very basic but nothing really wrong with it. Everything was clean and all the necessities were there - a nice, comfy, clean double bed, a bit of storage, a powerful shower and a working toilet. I was a bit surprised by the shower being in the room itself as I (a female) was sharing with a male friend so he had to leave for a while, but since we had other friends in the hotel it was okay. However, that could have been a bit of an issue had that not been the case and as it is such a rare set-up I feel that we should have been informed. The reception area is good - we were able to order taxis from there with ease and there was lots of food on offer to buy 24/7 - handy for us as we got in extremely late. The security was really good - someone from outside actually came in and was harassing us but a security guard sorted out the situation immediately, removing him from the premises. So no harm was done and I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Ibis Budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Budget Leeds and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, S.Moss
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

As always the rating I give is relative to the star rating of the hotel.

Stayed here a few times, would certainly recommend it for a budget traveller or quick stopover.

CHECK IN

Friendly staff, relatively quick

ROOMS

Nice and clean, modern, fresh and a good size. Towels and a soap provided plus tv, hanging space, mirror etc. Basic but far better than anything else at the same price.

HOTEL/LOCATION

Great location on edge of city centre. 15 min walk from station, 25ish from universities, 5 from middle of CC. Srt back enough to not be noisy. Also clean, light modern and selling breakfasts and refreshments.

Room Tip: choose a front facing room, higher up is poss, nice view of Leeds
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Management_6002, General Manager at Ibis Budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at our hotel. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I booked six rooms five months ago but they only had five on record (luckily I'd kept my email confirmation so I had proof). The receptionist blamed booking.com and said they always do this. But, if that's the case, then ibis should stop using booking.com. If this had happened with all six rooms we'd have been in some trouble.

Although the rooms were as basic as expected, I did expect soap.There was none at all in our room but some of the other rooms did have it. Why is that?

Would still recommend for a cheap city centre stay but a couple of issues do need addressing.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We at the ibis Budget in Leeds very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss
Staffs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My friend and I have stayed in many hotels over the years but this is probably one of the worst. Although it is relatively cheap, there are far better options for the same amount of money or less. The first problem is that nearest car park is a five minute walk away from the hotel - not great if you have a lot of luggage or mobility problems. Check in was fine although the receptionist looked as though she would rather have been somewhere else - don't blame her for that really. The room was just something else; it actually had the feel of a gigantic portaloo and smelled fairly similar too. The bed was horribly uncomfortable and, although everything seemed clean, there is a distinct grubby feel to the place. My feeling is that this hotel is perfect for younger people who just need somewhere cheap to crash after a night out. As we're a little bit the wrong side of our forties, my friend and I would prefer more comfort for our hard earned money.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Ibis Budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry that you were disappointed. I am personally looking into this and if you’d like to contact me, feel free to call on 0113 245 0725 or email me on H6002-GM@ACCOR.COM. Kind regards, S.Moss, General Manager