“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 144 Nightlife in Leeds
Type: Dance Club/ Discos, Clubs
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Now called Pryzm....me and my boyfriend came to Leeds for the weekend and after reading the previous reviews on here I said 100% let's not end up there...
In the end there was a huge que at Tiger tiger and we know from the one in Manchester it does tend to attract big hen/stag parties and is pretty pricey another bar we went into was playing the cheesiest music ever and we just couldn't enjoy it so we headed for Pryzm and I do have to say I was pleasantly surprised £4 to get in, £2 for clock room and £9 for two doubles all pretty average I would say....the club itself was really clean seemed well staffed and the music was ace especially the main room where they had cool dancers on stage nothing cheesy, there is a big heated outside patio area for smoking. I would defo recommend going here and I would go back and reserve a table in the main room with my girlies and dance the night away! Loads of police presence in that street too so you do feel ok when the street gets really busy at kicking out times!

Hindley, England, United Kingdom
“Well that was interesting!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had entry to this club as part of a hen weekend.....firstly the bouncers on the door were completely disinterested and had no idea what we were talking about when we told them about our free entry. Then when we walked in we had no idea where to go, it is a maze of corridors and I was sure I would end up lost never to be found again! Eventually we found the main dance floor where we were greeted by dance music I had never heard before and tumble weeds casually rolling by. The only person there (who was clearly a regular) was a very very odd perve who immediately approached our group dancing the maccarena and saying 'ey ladies' in a thick Turkish accent. However we moved on and got some drinks, and thought we'd hang in until it got busier. My vodka red bull was clearly just red bull and water which was not surprising at all. As we sat with our drinks one of our party was approached by another bizzare man on his own who then proceeded to follow us onto the dance floor and would not leave until we were laughing that much at his superman dance moves he realised he was not going to pull. We danced for a while and then thought we'd find another dance floor. We found the disco section and initially thought it was slightly better than the first floor as at least we had heard some of the tunes, but then looking round we realised this was actually a scene from Saturday night fever. After finally accepting that this club was full of crazy people, barbie wannabes and down right weirdos we decided to call it a night and get some chips and leave the madness of oceana. Risk it if you dare!!!!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“It's gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Last visited in 2011 and decided to revist this time to celebrate my birthday. However, although the doors opened at 10pm only the Ballroom and smoking area were available until after 11pm when the other areas started to open.

The "disco" lounge was playing 70s music and nobody was dancing yet the DJ refused to change the music when requested to at least try and get people dancing and improve the atmosphere. We returned to the ballroom which was packed as the music was much better there.

We tried the disco area again a little later and the music had moved on to the 80s with a few more dancing, but it certainly wasn't as good as the last time we'd visited and spoilt the night for us.

We left at 1230am, which is a very early night for us and a marker of how disappointed we were on this occasion. Will think seriously about visiting again in future.

Visited February 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“mistake to go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

its not good place to go staff are not so friendly and bouncers seem to take hour to let u in ..................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Visited November 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“the stuff of nightmares”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Going up the stairs i was like, wow this building actually seems quite impressive! huge rooms and velvety sh** on the walls. smoking area was pretty suave too. however when you're actually on the dancefloor you can't help but feel like you've been forced to dance to music you hate whilst in some sort of animal pen waiting to die. not my favourite vibe. Everyone in there had half their bodies out aswell trying to show of the art on their limbs that they seem to have forgotten isn't their own work. Christ, they all had big V necks on as well haha showing off the chests they'd worked so hard on. I'm pretty sure it kept kicking off as well, probably cause everyone there's battling for poon. (which is a lot harder to get with the lights that f*^&*ng bright btw!)

Visited September 2013