“Excellent and affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Warwickshire
“Excellent and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed in room 5801 which faced to the back of the hotel. The room had a decent sized and very comfortable bed, large TV, comfortable lounge area and decent kitchenette. The bathroom as roomy and had an excellent shower. The two large windows made the appartment very airy. Each day the fridge was stocked with a continental breakfast bag and the room was made up. Although it is a little way out of the centre, about 10 minutes from the Town Hall, I would recommend this hotel alternative for it's comfort, cleanliness and the fact it still offers a breakfast. I am told that there is also free wi-fi but it would not work with my Apple.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
lincoln
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

stayed in this hotel and although it was clean and well appointed the traffic noise was very bad , we were on the 4th floor so if you must stay here ask for a rooom on the top floor theer are about 11 floors ,but the noise from other clients at all hours of the night but mainly after about 3 am and then the way the staffs dealt with these noisy people ( standing in the hallways and having a shouting match with the clients for an hour) was handled very badly

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West, responded to this review, May 1, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and comments.

After having looked at the evening notes from a member of security that we have in place expecially on weekends I can confirm that we did all we could to keep the disturbance to a minimum. As much as you feel that we did not deal with the situation correctly we have to ensure that our staff are safe at all times.

The member of staff found that the guests involved were aggressive and we had to react in an appropriate manner.

We very much take your comments on board and in the future re-enforce our rules to guests especially on weekends in terms of noise and respecting others privacy.

Regards,

David
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My student daughter was ill so I moved in here into a 2 bed so that she could get out of disgusting student house and it fitted the bill for our needs perfectly and was good value. We stayed in the less central add-on which is about 5-10 minutes up the road from the main building with reception where you check in and out but they provide a free taxi between, I obviously wasn't going out much but if I wanted convenience I would ask for the more central building. The apartments are sort of premier inn level in furnishing and the kitchen was appallingly badly equipped, they obviously don't expect you to cook so I had to buy all sorts of things to get by but maybe we weren't typical visitors. It was clean and reasonably comfortable with a grim industrial view but it was fine for our needs on this occasion though it is a bit souless. The keypad on the gate to get in was a nightmare and I and others were frequently locked out and had to wait for someone coming the other way, it was really tempermental sometimes it worked sometimes not which was very frustrating.

• Stayed October 2009
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Have stayed now for our 4th time. Rooms and service are great and modern and well equipped and well designed.
We stayed in one furthest from centre believeing it would be quietest. Unfortunately on the Saturday some young affluent guests had seemed to have booked rest of rooms and used one for the party! Wasn't loud loud but enough to stop one sleeping. Complained and staff very sympathetic and understaing and refunded one nights stay. So given their concern and professional way they responded we shall go back. Highly recommended, self conatined rooms. Plaza, well equipped kitchen, superb heat system, sofas and bathroom. Water always piping hot.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

I have stayed at Roomzzz central everytime I have been to Leeds and to be honest, I wouldnt stay anywhere else. I have stayed at Roomzzz now about 5 times. Its cheap, nice, not far from Leeds centre & its comfortable.
The rooms themselves are clean and spacious, its like having a cool little apartment for the weekend. All the rooms have a sofa and seating area and the TVS like swivel round so you can watch TV in bed or on the sofa.
There is car parking at the hotel, I think its £5. There is also spaces outside the hotel where you can park too and thats free.

The centre is about a 8 minute car journey and the taxis in Leeds are double cheap. (About 5 quid to get to the centre from here) There is a shop a few doors down which sells food and you have all the facilitys to make things with in the hotel room. (Cooker, fridge, pans etc) Theres even a washer for if you are staying more than 2 nights and fancy washing some clothes etc.
Theres a little pizza place too a few doors down and a bar next door that does cocktails/wine and food.

I had a small problem last time I was at Roomzzz.....Me and my friend drove from Blackpool (2 and a bit hour car ride) and when we got there we were told no room was booked :-( I had booked it on the website as always and because I had stayed there about 5 times before I just presumed I could give my name like before (To be fair though I had printed off confirmation the last few times and hadnt done this time)
The receptionist apologised and then said we could have a Grande room for the same price..... I was more than pleased that this got sorted straight away when it wasnt even really their fault....it was more mine for not printing off confirmation.
So....we had a room fit for a king for the weekend with a huge seating area and it was massive.
Nothing at all bad to say about this hotel.....

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

Stayed here for my Birthday with my Partner, although it is not bang in the centre of Leeds its only a 5 min taxi ride away. The car park is small but you can park in the "Park and Ride" over the Road for just £5 a day. The hotel is lovely, right next door to a bar/grill which serve food at reasonable prices. The rooms are really nice with everything you need. It was like having our own little apartment. Has kettle, dishwasher, microwave, hobs, iron etc. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

The room was very clean. Big, comfy bed, kitchen area with all you need to self cater if you want. Chatty, knowledgeable receptionist and great value. I'd stay there again.

My only problem was that I booked with lastminute.com mystery hotel and they described it as central and it's not quite. I had to return at night on my own so I had to take a taxi instead of walking. lastminute.com should change their description. Be warned.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West? Share your experiences!