“Great, relaxing stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great, relaxing stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visited for 2 nights with my partner and we stayed in one of the grande apartments. The apartment was lovely and spacious, with great facilities. The location was not right in the city centre, but it only took 5/10 minutes to walk which we found good as it meant you were a little bit out of the way, making it quiet on a night time and allowing you to get a peaceful sleep.

The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. We arrived an hour earlier than the advised check-in time due to our train times, yet we were given our room straight away which was great. Having had a small problem with the shower in our room, we told reception who were genuinely apologetic and moved us to the apartment next door for our second night so that we had all working facilities but did not have to move our belongings very far.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I travel to Leeds for business. I have lived in Roomzz Aparthotel. Reception staff is good but that is where the goodness lasts. Rooms are not cleaned properly, toiletries are not refurbished on time, towels are not changed with fresh ones.
The rooms are noisy. This will be fine during winter as you tend to close the windows but during summer the window needs to be kept open(no aircon) so you end up having a disturbed sleep.

The only positive is the kitchen. You can cook on your own particularly if you are a vegan(which I am).

I would not recommend this unless there is no other place to go.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the backside and not the front(road facing).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Looking round for the best value hotel reasonably near the Uni and City Centre we came across Roomzzz. The price is normally good but sweetened by a summer 25 percent discount promotion. The studio room didn't lack for anything and as well as kitchen, utensils, plates etc usefully had an iron and board - all very good.

The room was rather warm and, being at the more budget end of the market, didn't have air conditioning. But it was one of the hottest days of the year and this is a small gripe.

This is an excellent place to stop over.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is an great place.

As far as location is concerned it is not in the city centre, but still very accessible. It is not too close from the coach station and you will need a taxi if you're arriving by coach into the Leeds coach station, however, it is within walking distance from the train station provided you're used to dragging your suitcase(s). If you are visiting the university it is about 10 - 15 mins walk uphill. The city centre is also about 15 - 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk. Location seemed very safe although deserted with hardly any people around. There is also a Tesco express about 5 minutes walk away, where you can buy your cooking essentials.

The apartment itself is great and spacious with ample room to rest and relax. The kitchen is fully equipped with a cooking hob and electric chimney, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave oven but no gas or electric oven. Cooking utensils, plates, glasses and cutlery are provided (the can opener did not work in our room though). Seeing that toiletries were provided, maybe a packet of dishwashing liquid and scrubber could have been provided for guests who like to clean up and do their own dishes.

The view from the room we were in (9th floor) was great, although there wasn't much to see anyway. The room was spotlessly clean and access by lift was very easy.

The quiet neighbourhood meant that you will have a very good and relaxing sleep ocassionally disturbed by guests opening and closing doors and the sound somehow manages to make its way to your bed(This is one of the major complaints about the place). Wifi access was very good although the speed seemed to drop in the evenings (when most of the guests are in and using the internet I would guess). We also enjoyed watching the football world cup matches on the tv, but sadly could not say the same about the sofa which could have been of a more comfortable kind.

The 'breakfast' is basically a grab and go thing, where you get coffee, tea, juice pack, fruits, pastries like croissants, etc. Nothing elaborate but good enough to get you on your way.

The staff at the reception were very professional and helpful. We left our luggage at the reception for a day before checking in again and our luggage was in our room when we got back. Room tariff seems to vary from one day to the next and weekends seem to be always booked. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A Roomzzz loyalty membership will get you a 10% discount if you book directly through them.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
grimsby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

These are lovely rooms and it's nice to be able to cook if you want. I stayed here when I was working in Leeds. The only down fall is you get disturbed sleep from others slamming doors early hours which is no good when you have to be up early morning and have a long day ahead of you!! I've booked in for a few wks might end up cancelling

Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a special occasion....after reading the reviews on here for this Roomzzz and the one in the city centre I was looking forward to it and trying an apartment for a change from a hotel room, however I wouldn't be doing that again I would much prefer a nice plush hotel room with proper breakfast than an apartment everything was basic, view was of a car park and even though it is only a 15/20 min walk to the centre it's not a very nice walk and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable doing this on my own plus the walk is just a little too long if you want to be able to drop in and get changed or drop your shopping bags before a drink or grabbing some food. I would perhaps try the city centre Roomzzz although we really don't need a full on kitchen when just going for a weekend I can see it working better for families. The grab and go breakfast although is a good idea and I'm sure works for some guests I thought the fruit looked a bit rubbish and we didn't bother with it the second morning.
We were shocked at how much rubbish there seemed to be lying around the streets around the apartments and especially the state of the car park which is across the road and the one we were directed to use during our stay in a way the only plus of the poor view was I could see the car was safe.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we did not meet you expectations on this occasion.

Our apartments are about 1 mile from the Leeds town hall in the city center. We are part of a much larger building and the rubbish you are referring to will have been around the bin on Westfield Road in the under croft which the council clears on a weekly basis. From the information given they have been inundated with larger volumes over the busy rental period.

We did advise on arrival that cars should be parked in the pay and display car park on Burley Road as this area is better lit and monitored. You have chosen to leave it on Westfield Road.

As a Apart Hotel our apartments are designed for guest who would like to make use of the facilities whilst also being a popular choice with leisure guests. Within our grab and go we offer muffins, croissants, pain au chocolate or pain au raisins, fruits and juices. A coffee machine brewing coffee from freshly ground beans is also available 24 hours.

If you wish to be in the heart of the city center our Leeds City location is always ideal.

Thank you for your comments and we do hope you stay with one of the Roomzzz Locations in the future.

Regards

David
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed there for more than a year but in the end all I can say is I am highly disappointed how the hotel staff treated me. I was booked for 30 nights but one night at 11:00 pm I was asked to to vacate next morning because they were fully booked for the weekend. I had just stayed there for 24 nights at that point and I tried to explain this to the hotel manager but he kept arguing that I must speak to central reservation as he has nothing to do with it. Banged the phone on my face and displayed how excellent the he was at customer servicing!

They have no coordination among their own different departments. The manager lacked complete empathy, had no respect, patience and compassion towards his customers. So in the end they ripped me for one night and actually threw me out on the road even though I had paid for the night. NOT recommended unless you like being harassed my hotel staff!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RoomzzzLeeds, Guest Relations Manager at Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly my apologies once again for your experience as I have already reiterated before.

We have a zero tolerance policy against all forms of aggressive behaviour and our staff are empowered to warn you and end the conversation. This was done so as per process. A member of your family will substantiate this.

We have explained to you the reasons why you had not been accommodated at the hotel for the night in question. There was no booking made for you on the night and we were fully booked. Every effort was made to accommodate you whilst we could not also inconvenience another guest who had indeed made a reservation for the night. When a cancellation was received you declined the offer of staying the night in question.

Our email confirmation clearly indicated this to you at the time which has not been questioned. A 30 night rate was offered so you benefit from a lower rate saving about £861 approximately. As you will see we have only tried to work to your benefit and a discussion to this end cannot be one sided.

I can apologise to you for the inconvenience caused however we will not be able to tolerate guests behaving aggressively either in person or over the phone.

Kind regards,

Katy
Guest Service Manager

Been to Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West? Share your experiences!