“Not quite right..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 61 Coffee & Tea in Leeds
Cuisines: French, Bakeries, Brasserie, Tea Room
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Themed tearoom. Passionate about people ... Come and meet us
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Not quite right..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Only called in for drinks - service and staff absolutely fine, the problem was that looking around the place, it justsin't quite finished and you still get the feeling you're sat in a bank!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lechaletleeds, Manager at Le Chalet French Tea Room, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hi, thank you for your review. You are quite right but what we can do we are still new company but with people support we would get there. Slowly but surely.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Had a lovely afternoon tea here with my Mum and Aunt. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely be back again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lechaletleeds, Manager at Le Chalet French Tea Room, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Many thanks for such lovely review. You make it our job worthwhile.

Glad you liked your experience & hope to see you soon.
“Little French Gem in Leeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is definitely an experience that I would recommend to anyone! It's a taste of France on a plate. The place is luxuriously decorated with beautiful French music in the background and to my surprise, the prices were of great value! I went with my two boys and was delighted with the service and friendly waiters. I had the most delicious French onion soup, gualette complete and a cappuccino. My children had delicious sweet crepes. On my way out, I couldn't resist buying a variety of cakes which were packed in a beautiful box. We can't wait to go there again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lechaletleeds, Manager at Le Chalet French Tea Room, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
How lovely to see that people are enjoying the experience we opened to offer.

We have great passion for genuine nice people like yourself to have a nice affordable experience & we are so glad to see that we can achieve that.

Rest assured that we will always try our best to become even better.

Hope to see you & your lovely family soon.
Brigg, United Kingdom
“Recommended but Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked this café to have afternoon high tea with friends. The tea was served well in advance of the food and by the time that the latter arrived , the remaining tea in the pots was cold. Service was quite slow despite the establishment not being too busy. The bread in the sandwiches was dry (may have been sitting out too long) but the scones were nice. However, one of my party does not drink tea or coffee and asked if she could have a soft drink instead, preferably sugar free. The accommodating waitress went to ask the manager who refused and if the soft drink was required, it would have to be paid for. Overall, disappointing in both the intransience of the manager and aspects of the food. Would I got back - no! Would I pay £50 for afternoon tea for four there again - No! There are other establishments providing better fare and with much less rigidity of management in the locality.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lechaletleeds, Manager at Le Chalet French Tea Room, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi William,

Thanks for your feedback which I'll take on board & discuss with my team to speed up the service. We don't deny that we take some time preparing the food as we serve fresh made food. Even the bread we bake it in house on same day we serve it. As you were 4, making 16 sandwiches takes some time especially that the space we have is quite small. Maybe one day we can expand to bigger place which will help things.

Unfortunately I couldn't accommodate you having the cold drink for free as this day we were asked 5 times for free things & I hope you would understand that surviving in current climate is more difficult for small independent business like us compared to other well established businesses.

Our list of hot drinks is about 25 kind, may you could have asked for herbal or hot chocolate which would have been included in the price.

At the same time, I would like to highlight that we fill the tea pots as much as you want them, so we could have filled your pots with hot water if you asked us to as lots of customers do & of course that's free of charge.

I hope I replied your queries & wish you could support us.
London
“The best breakfast in Leeds? for sure...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Having lost my usual Leeds breakfast venue to greedy price hikers I needed to find something nice, something good, something quick.
There right in the city centre I saw a sign and it said something like "French bakery". That has to be investigated I'm sure you'll agree. You kind of enter through the entrance to an office building and turn left into what looks like a French hotel breakfast room. Nothing too flash or high tech, just tables and a "bar" if you will. With about 10 different French cheeses for sale by the gram. a selection of cakes and chocolate things..
I was on the "go" and so asked for a sandwich. They didn't show ingredients like a normal sandwich shop, but they had bread.. I picked up a roll and asked for an Egg mayo. The order went to the back room and I was then entertained to some very pleasant company from the young lady serving and we discussed european cities.
My sandwich arrived, not in the roll I had chosen but a freshly baked baguette as the rolls on show were yesterday's...
The baguette was delicious, the service excellent, the business model... needs refinement. Will I go back, for sure I will!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lechaletleeds, Manager at Le Chalet French Tea Room, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
So happy that you liked your takeaway sandwich. Next time you can try our famous omelette or the classic french. They won't disappoint you neither. See you on your next Leeds trip.