“Ok? yes - outstanding ? No.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Independent Coffee shop focusing on freshly made, simple food using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
Doncaster
“Ok? yes - outstanding ? No.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to search out this place due to the exceptional ratings on TA.
We both had a coffee and cake each and while it was nice it wasn't exceptional.
I prefer my coffee to be hotter than was served ( flat white served in a glass with no handles which could explain the temperature? )
My wife was happy with her Latte. I had the chocolate cherry cake which I must say wasn't the best I've ever tasted , it was over moist and only the icing tasted of chocolate.
Wife had carrot cake which she enjoyed.
The atmosphere was relaxing and it's a chilled out place and the prices are very reasonable.
I must conclude that although a pleasant place it doesn't warrant No.1 in Leeds over somewhere like Raja's where the food is truly exceptional.
Would I return? Yes if I was passing but I wouldn't make a point of finding it out again.
Just my honest opinion.

Beverley, United Kingdom
“The best coffee ever...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I stumbled across Moments after parking our car on a shopping trip to Leeds and looking for somewhere for breakfast before we got started. Wow, what a find! My wife had the full breakfast and I had a spinach omelette with home made brown sauce - and both were fab. But to top it off, the coffee was probably the best i've ever had. In fact, it was so good we stopped in again before our journey home for more coffee and carrot cake - again, very, very nice. The owner and her staff (including her young daughter who too our money) were incredibly friendly and polite and took the time to talk us through their coffee blend and food recipes. This place is absolutely worth seeking out and calling in for a coffee and and breakfast or cake...

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a lunch with friends, I had the salmon and poached egg salad which was lovely. The service was quick and the staff very friendly. Try the chocolate and cherry cake it's lush.

West Midlands, UK
“Sangria66”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews, thought we would go and sample what the menu had to offer while in Leeds for the weekend.We were not disappointed....from the moment we walked in. We had the thickest smoothies ever, they were a meal in themselves followed by the sausage sandwiches which were served with a lovely caramelised onion chutney. Coffee was great and before we left we were given complementary home baked meringues...yummy!
Thank you for a lovely brunch and the great service, we will be sure to visit again. If you are in Leeds go search out this little cafe, it's opposite Malmaisson.....you certainly won't be disappointed.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A Warm Welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

A lovely friendly welcome on a Saturday morning, followed by a full explanation of the contents of the cake display when I was seen to be having a browse. I was advised that all the cakes are home baked, which is a touch I really appreciate.
I went for a chocolate brownie with white chocolate chunks. I would describe it as okay, the next day I saw on facebook that they had baked a four layer cherry and chocolate cake, which I would most definitely have chosen if it had been there when I visited, but the cake on offer when I was there was carrot, which Im not a fan of, so I plumped for the brownie. There were also home made flapjacks on offer, and a gluten free almond cake which looked divine.

The coffees were excellent, really. I LOVED the pretty patterns they make in the foam, I adore touches like this and I also love that they serve loose leaf tea.

A couple next to me were eating omelettes which looked great (the girl was eating a pesto one) and the menu options were all very appealing, meaning that I will be returning for brunch some day soon. But even if you don't want to eat, I would definitely recommend the place for its fantastic coffee and wonderful service.

• Visited April 2014