“Good xmas party” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #351 of 1,368 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Get ready to enter the Pit... From cocktails and craft beers to the finest steaks, burgers & ribs. We do things differently underground... Even the ping pong.
Newcastle
“Good xmas party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Never been here before and thought the place looks great! The staff were friendly and the food was lovely. I got the xmas pitt burger which tasted great... there wasnt much room for us all on the table and we should have been seated with more room. The only negative was the speed of getting rid of the dishes once everyone had finished. would definately go back

Leeds, United Kingdom
“here is the phone call?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have called twice now and both time I was told that the manager would call me back to see if I could make a booking on NYE. Well i am still waiting and its been over 3 weeks. Really bad customer service.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ArcInspirations, Public Relations Manager at The pit, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi Quatie

Apologies for the lack of response, I have sent you a message with a number you can reach me on to sort out your booking.

Kind regards,

Lucy Adlard
Marketing Manager
Arc Inspirations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“I Don't understand the bad press!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had heard mixed reviews about this place but tried it anyway, and it was great! The food was amazing, a lot of the menu is a little pricey but I opted for a lower priced meal and it was really good. They did make the mistake of putting us on a reserved table just an hour before it was required, however we had finished our meal and were about to get the bill when they apologised and offered us a booth instead, with complimentary drinks! We were just going to get a beer but the waitress told us to order whatever we wanted, why not a champagne cocktail? So I got a complimentary champagne cocktail for my sister and i got a free beer! That's what I call service recovery! Well done Pit! I have also visited since in a large group for drinks in the private area and was equally impressed, however table tennis isn't easy when you are out for drinks, I understand the food is deep south bbq oriented, surely a couple of american pool tables wouldn't go amiss? there is loads of room!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ArcInspirations, General Manager at The pit, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hey Rik D - thanks for the review, glad you had a good time. I'll pass on the comment about Pool, did you know we’ve just got a 'babyfoot' football table?

Ben Torkington
Ben.torkington@thepitleeds.co.uk
“Not totally disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Me and my friend went in for a long overdue catch up and we was seated pretty much straight away. We was initially told they was very busy but we managed to get a table. The service at the bar was very slow although the staff did apologise for the wait. The waitress was very polite and she kept coming to check on us. We waited almost an hour and half for food from when we first ordered they had large parties in which seemed to get priority over everybody else. I ordered the pig out burger which was a bit soggy but was still very delicious I absolutely loved the pulled pork. The manager did give us £5 off the bottle of wine we ordered as an apology for the delay the I didn't so much mind the wait as me and my friend were too busy reminiscing about the old days. The only thing I thought was daft is that they take your card and lock it behind the bar and they leave you the key. Why not just take a pre auth of the card ?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Katy D, thanks for taking the time to review The Pit - we take feedback seriously (the good and the not so good!) I’m really glad that you enjoyed the burger - the pulled pork is one of my favourites and it’s good to know that you were happy with your waitress. That said, I’m sorry that you had to wait and if you would be able to email me with more details of the date and time of your visit we can investigate further.

Regarding the policy of holding cards in a card safe behind the bar, this is the method we use across all of our outlets. We decided on this, rather than pre-authorisation, as it's quicker, simpler and we find most customers prefer it. Hopefully you’ll come back and visit again soon.

Ben Torkington
Ben.torkington@thepitleeds.co.uk
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Closest I have tasted to Stateside baby back ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Cosy booths, great atmosphere, attentive and efficient service, the menu is perfect and the baby back ribs are some of the best I have had the pleasure of eating this side of the big pond. 5 star!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere