“Thank goodness for free parking !” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Thank goodness for free parking !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The food is what you would expect, although the lunchtime menu is cheeper this is reflected in the amount and quality of the food.
The service is terrible, we were in there for nearly 2 hours and only had 2 courses, I almost run out of gossip with my matey we had been there for so long.
One time they had a problem with the drinks, so served flat Pepsi, that did not work so they sent a poor waitress to the supermarket, then the poor lass could not work out how to get her trolley up the escalator ! That time it took 40 mins to get a drink.
The staff are very pleasant, but its all so very slow. If its somewhere to sit and spend the afternoon, you get free refills. This is the perfect place for you and thank goodness for free parking or your lunch over hours could turn out to be really quite expensive !

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Grrrrrr”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Probably the most frustrating restaurant I've ever been to.

We went when it looked half-full on a weekend afternoon. My first thought was "I like the atmosphere here, the rat pack music was warm and welcoming". The friendly waitress came and took our order with a smile, we both ordered a calzone and were looking forward to our meal. The drinks came quickly, but then we waiting. And waited. And waited some more, as the people that came after us were getting their main course (one of them also a calzone) before us, we hadn't got ours yet. I then spotted our calzones on the serving area from the kitchen sat waiting for us, and eventually after seeing countless clues-looking waiting staff wondering about looking confused somebody brought our calzones out and we could eat!

The food itself was actually quite nice, I did enjoy the food but at this point I was so frustrated with having to wait so long (40 minutes) and being served after diners that had arrived later than us, I was a bit too annoyed to enjoy the meal. I also skipped on dessert as I couldn't afford another 40 minute delay as we were already starting to run late for an appointment.

It is so disappointing as this has the foundations of a very good restaurant, but there is a lot of work to do. Clearly the seating areas are too big for the size of the kitchen, and the waiting staff are getting too flustered and stressed to be able to do their jobs properly it just brings the whole atmosphere down. I hope they can turn this place around but something tells me it will be a long time before I dare to return here, I'll stick with Subway next time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
leeds, uk
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

i'll keep this short

calamari- over cooked and oil needed changing, very dark in colour
crab brushetta, not much crab, soft bread, great flavour
penne carbonara, great flavour... need more sauce
huntington (?) chicken, bbq sauce too heavy, moist chicken, salty bacon

service slow, only two kitchen staff, took 20 minutes for starters then 15 minutes for main
average rating

not in a rush to come back

bill £30.50

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Poor service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time me & my partner visited frankie & bennys in the white rose, the staff were extremley unhelpful, we was sat waiting 15 minutes before they asked us what drinks we would like, then the pizza we was sharing took around half an hour to come out (the restaurant wasnt busy) and when it did it was very poor. I wouldnt go back here again, customer service is the key in the waitressing industry and the employees here do not follow that what so ever we felt very unwelcome.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very busy restaurant had to wait for a table but door host was very quick at finding us a one. My wife and kids enjoyed it thouroughly, good atmosphere and food was fab.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere