“Exceptional for a budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

You added Ibis Leeds Centre to your Saves list
Ibis Leeds Centre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Marlborough Street | West Yorkshire, Leeds LS1 4PB , England   |
Ranked #36 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Ballina, Ireland
“Exceptional for a budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend of October 27th/28th for 3 nights as part of a group of +30 visiting musicians and we were really well looked after and found the staff lovely, the hotel clean and location great as Leeds city centre is only 10 minutes walk away. We have often stayed in hotels in the Accor group and are rarely dissapointed but this was honestly better than ANY Ibis hotel I have ever stayed in!

Our room was on the 11th floor and was spotlessly clean, beds comfortable. Heating a/c ventillation worked perfectly. The signs said full brekfast available from 8 to 10am and continental brekfast available outside these times 6am to 8am and 10am to 12Pm but we found that full brekfast was available right up until 12pm! The Hotel also has a restaurant and bar which is fine reasonably priced and we eat here for two nights. Theres a TGI Friday across the road but is usually busy so get there early.

Staff were really nice and pandered to our every whim and were able to muster up some late night snacks when required! Wifi and wired internet is available in the rooms but is extra. A little bit expensive in my opinion but I use a 3g dongle so it didnt bother me.

All in all a lovely stay in a lovely city and everyone in our group of over 30 felt the same.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors 11th and 12th should enjoy great views across the city but ask for a room on...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SarahTomlinson, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Wow, what a lovely review. I have shared your comments with my team today and there were huge smiles all round. All my team work exceptionally hard to ensure that all our guests are well looked after and when we read comments such as yours, it makes it all so much more worthwhile. We do hope that we can welcome you to Ibis Leeds Centre in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed in this Ibis hotel with my partner. We checked in and although I didn't exactly love the mobile home style bedroom & bathroom I was fully aware I was In a 2 star hotel so you get what you pay for. What I did not expect was small black hairs all over the bottom of the shower & longer black hair in my folded 'clean' towels. When I then asked reception to come clean in... I waited almost two hours before cleaning it myself as I was in a rush out, then to have reception/cleaner knock I the door to clean it and I explained I cleaned it myself she said 'sorry but were very busy' . To then top off my stay I can the cleaner knock and sour in my room at 9.05 am both mornings!! Never again will I stay here.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Please be assured that this is not the standard that we pride ourselves on at Ibis Leeds Centre as you can see from some of our previous reviews. I will ensure that I share your feedback with my team especially my Housekeeping Team as it seems like this room was over looked during our final cleanliness checks. Please accept my sincere apologies
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have stayed here twice, clean,tidy, beds very comfortable. Staff very friendly & helpful. Rooms very warm had to ask for fan which was no problem for them to provide. Breakfast £7.50 with very good choice you can eat as much as you like. Easy to get to from M1 would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
It is always nice to read comments from a repeat visitors and I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. As a regular guest I hope that you have taken advantage of signing up for our loyalty scheme so that you can start to reap the rewards. I hope that we can welcome you back to Leeds for your third trip to Leeds.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A very reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location. A great base for a visit to Leeds for whatever reason. We stayed overnight. The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms have everything you need, small functional bathroom and a very comfortable bed, all extremely clean. Breakfast at £7.50 was generous and well-presented, all help-yourself. We were lucky to get a great room rate of £28 but would pay more for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest
I am glad that you were able to take up one of our hot deal promotions as they are excellent value for money. I will ensure that your comments are shared with my team, they all work exceptionally hard to ensure that all our guests are well looked after and its lovely to receive some recognition for it.
I hope that we can welcome you to Ibis Leeds soon
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

A few friends wishing to use this popular hotel for a short break to Leeds will be pleasantly suprised. On arrival, check in was smooth and staff were helpful. The rooms are tight, logical and tidy. A tv that allows docking is an added bonus. Within walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants although for some a taxi may be advised. Given the price of a weekend stay you cant go wrong.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am happy to read that you all had a good time during you stay in Leeds. I will ensure that your comments are shared with my team and I hope that we can welcome you and your friends to Ibis Leeds Centre in the near future
Nottingham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here on Tuesday 30th October 2012. This was our second stay at this hotel. We use it as it is cheap and convenient for the O2.

We didn’t make use of any of the hotel facilities so that is something that I can’t really comment on however the menus looked reasonably priced and there looked to be quite a variety of food on offer.

We had pre paid for the hotel so check in was swift and we didn’t have to show the card that we had pre paid with.

I had read reviews on TA before we left that the higher floors had had their beds replaced so I emailed in advance to ask for a room on the top floor. When we were given our room number I was quite disappointed that our room was on the 5th floor. When we stayed here previously last year we were on either the 3rd or 4th floor and it was pretty noisy from outside traffic and also the general flow of other hotel guests.

When we got out of the lift I was again worried that the room we had was right next to the lift and that this would be quite noisy with people coming in and out.

When we got in the room I was pleased to see that the bed had been replaced.

The room is quite basic but it’s good that you are provided with a kettle and tea/coffee.

I had a great night of sleep. The new beds are a massive improvement on the old and this room seemed really calm and quiet – I’m quite a light sleeper when not at home so to sleep right through was fab.

Check out was also painless, just handed in our room key.

I would recommend this hotel to all. The staff are very helpful and polite, nothing seemed too much trouble from what we observed.

The parking is very convenient also. The car park opposite, (even with the mad dash over the road to avoid the traffic) was reasonably priced – 23 hours of parking for £7.50 which we paid by card over the phone.

Overall a great value overnight stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem much quieter - if you are booking to stay in the next few weeks email and ask for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your detailed review. Our guest feedback is vital for us to continue to improve our offer. I am most please that you like our new beds. These beds are the result of a lot of feedback from our guests so it is vital that our guests like the end result.
I do hope that you will visit us again when you are next in Leeds
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed in the hotel previous night. Was surprised to find a wet towel on the bed in the first room I was given the keys of, seems the cleaning staff forgot it there unnoticed. in the second room the smell of glue was overwhelming (i know there is repair work in progress but still it is hard to breathe in such atmosphere), but then again there was rubbish left on the table, so I asked to change and only from the third attempt the room was clean, nice and cosy. I must say I was not angry but it was strange to see two rooms unclean one after another. However the lady at the front desk was very friendly and I helped me to get a nice room. Please pay attention to cleaning! Maya Siunova

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Maya Siunova
Thank you for providing you feedback after your stay with us. I was most disappointed to read the problems that you encountered. I will ensure these comments are shared with my Housekeeping Team as it seems that these room should had not been checked fully beforehand. Please be assured that I will take the necessary corrective actions to ensure that this situation does not arise in the future

Been to Ibis Leeds Centre? Share your experiences!