“An experience not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, British, Vegetarian, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“An experience not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

If you want a good cup of tea with scrumptious cakes then you cannot beat the vintage tearoom.
It has lovely décor which takes you back in time, the staff are absolutely fantastic and you get service with a smile. Everyone who visits Leeds must pay a call you will not regret it.
Les and Andy Barr
xx

• Visited March 2014

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Generally come to trip advisor to write good reviews. Was really excited to go here with my friend but was a bit disappointed. We weren't greeted despite there only been one other table in there, there was a lack of atmosphere with a little CD player in the corner. The scone was lovely and the crockery really cute but I didn't reckon much to the service. When going to pay she had no change for a twenty pound note which for 11am I found strange, I then asked if I could pay by card and there was no card machine... So how am I supposed to pay. I was embarrassed as the friend I was meant to be taking out had to pay.

York, United Kingdom
“fab vintage tearoom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Lovely coffee, speciality teas and homemade cakes. Superb service, lovely surroundings. Takes you back in time to when you enjoyed afternoon tea with your Gran on PROPER CHINA PLATES AND CUPS AND SAUCERS which always make your tea or coffee taste much better. Try JUST GRAND for yourselves you wont be disappointed!!!

• Visited April 2014

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Traditional cakes in a cute setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stopped here in hope of coffee and cake. A really nice set of 3 or so cakes plus scones and biscuits. Both banana and treacle with ginger were yummy and tasted like they were from old recipes to suit the surroundings. I was a bit disappointed that there was not much of a coffee selection- filter or cafetiere but I guess that's what you get at a tea rooms. Might visit again for afternoon tea with a hope of getting a mocha or latte! The owner (I assume) was lovely to talk to and his wife deserves praise for the baking!! Not that the other staff were unwelcoming but could take tips from the welcoming owner a bit? I hope it continues to do well in a great little arcade venue!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Positively Going Back in Time Having Tea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Mum and I had a lovely afternoon tea at Just Grand! Vintage Tea Rooms! I loved the nostalgic and vintage feel and ambiance of the place. We felt we were positively going back in time! I loved how the tea was served in china teapot and cups along with our freshly made goodies on china plates and assiettes. There is a wide range of specialty teas to choose from. I'm very confident the tearoom will do very well and I'll definitely be making a return visit very soon!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
JustGrandVT, Owner at Just Grand! Vintage Tearoom, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much your review means to me and my team. When I opened the tearoom this is exactly the atmosphere I was hoping to create for my customers. We are so pleased your experience was Just Grand!

Regards,