“Excellent Food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Fun & Games in Leeds
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

my partner and I dropped in for a look and ended up stopping for dinner. For the first part of the meal the service was great and the food really was exceptionally tasty as well as good value for money. However, when we finished our main our waitress had disappeared never to return. We sat and talked for half hour and concluded we weren't being seen. Bizarrely we had to go out of our way to pay the bill!

Upstairs looked great and incidentally I thought the concept of unisex toilets was great - simple set up and makes sense.

Overall I will certainly be going back because the food was wonderful and it had a nice feel to it. I also want to try the cinema. Just a shame about the service, but I suspect that may have been due to a changeover.

Nice addition to Leeds, just needs a little fine tuning :)

“Absolutely brilliant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have to say this is the best cinema experience I have ever had the pleasure of visiting, lovely staff, food and seats i will be visiting again, only one slight downside is that the toilets are quite far away and you have to walk past the scene so it's a little embarrassing but next time we will book nearer to the door to avoid!

8 attraction reviews
“Cinema for grown ups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Pros: comfy seats, amazing leg room, really nice wine

Cons: pricey, too busy at the bar before a popular showing, unisex toilets not for everyone

Conclusion: a great grown up alternative to the cineplexes

4 attraction reviews
“Nice, comfy cinema”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went to see "I'm so excited" a couple of weeks ago. I loved the idea of the plush sofas with cushions, foot rest and a table for your food (included bottle rack for the wine). We ordered apple and orange juice, but you can have cocktails, pizza or even a burger, but nothing that makes too much noise apparently. There is lot of leg room and the ambience is great. Screen and sound seemed state-of-the-art and the bar outside also looks very nice and modern. My only disappointment was when some people sat in front of me and, because of the nature of the film (in Spanish with English subtitles), I started having difficulties in reading the subtitles because of the heads of people in front. Price is a bit more expensive than usual but still not overpriced. They show both blockbuster films and more researched one. It's not a cinema to everyone's taste maybe but I recommend to go every now and then.

Burley in Wharfedale, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
“About time...an alternative cinema experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you have started to find the multiplex cinema experience some what annoying, the gallons of fizzy drink, buckets of pop corn and the over all lack of interaction from any of the staff...then finally there is a solution in Leeds. Situated on the top floor of the new Trinity shopping centre is a cinematic oasis.

Book your tickets on line and yes they cost £11 each however they're worth. We usually always upgrade to premium seats at Vue so it's only an additional few pounds to go to Everyman. Whilst all the seats are the same cost you have to decide whether you wish to sit down stairs or on the balcony...your call! We went for down stairs towards the back and the view of the screen was great.

So, what happens. Well on arrival a member of staff greets you and tells you that the screen doesn't open until the allotted time. So, hang out with everyone else in the bar area until you're called. The bar offers a full alcoholic selection as well as small white boxes of popcorn, chocolates and snacks. There is also a pizza area where they cook you a mini pizza and cut it up on a board. All these eats and drinks can be taken in to the cinema with you...

At the allotted time you are shown into the cinema and taken to your seat. We had a sofa for two and you get a coffee table with a built in wine cooler. There are also a couple of cushions which are a nice touch. There are either sofas or single arm chairs. Your prompted to reserve a seat when booking on line.

We took a bag of Revels with us and a lady came to us and asked us to decant the chocolates onto a plate that she brought as they have a no 'crinkly wrapper' policy...cool!

The cinema experience was great, sound is great, screen size is great and the seats are very comfortable.

A few odd bits - the toilets are unisex...each toilet has its own wash hand basin. The only thing they need to sort it that in order to see if a toilet is vacant you have to stoop and look at the locks on the doors...the doors are also VERY heavy to open so some further thought is needed here!!!!

The pizza restaurant down stairs was ok but needs some work. The menu isn't extensive enough. I asked the waitress for the wifi code and the supervisor came over and told me I would have to go up stairs to get it from the bar...with more staff on duty than tables, I would have thought he could have popped up for it!

I'd agree with another reviewer that the 'booking fee' is a bit cheeky and there doesn't seem to be a way not to pay it...

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will definitely be back. Just hope that they keep looking at ways to improve the experience and iron out the little glitches. The web site is terrible, it needs to explain the experience, describe what to expect, the differences between the seats etc

Anyway, give it a try...it's great!

Hope this helps