“So busy but great choice on the conveyer belt” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #293 of 1,387 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Japanese
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“So busy but great choice on the conveyer belt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have to say I was impressed by the choice of dishes on the conveyer belt which was constantly getting refilled with fresh plates. This is the busiest yo I have ever eaten in but I found the staff efficient and friendly and the food top notch . We queued to get in but were given a waiting time and it was accurate .

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

UK
“Good food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Good food with a lot of choice. Service was good when needed. It was pricey though when compared with other places. Would go again...

“Fresh, but pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Called for an impromptu lunch with a friend. The staff were friendly, keen and (unlike other reviews here) very accommodating. We were seated within 5 minutes, which was pretty good considering it was noon on a week day!
The service isn't really an issue, as you help yourself from the conveyor! However, our waitress kept our green tea coming without much ado.
The food was excellent, mackerel, tuna and salmon all very fresh.
The bill was a bit heavy for a mid-week 'quickie' lunch, but as an occasional experience it was great.

Visited October 2013
“Good but pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Having been to Japan we decided to try Yo Sushi. We found the atmosphere to be great, food similar to being in Japan. However the price and the size of the portions were quite disappointing.

It is great for a a bite after a movie or before heading home. However, if you are looking for a meal then be prepared to spend a lot.

Visited July 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Mixed review of the staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I visited during Blue September with my boyfriend and a friend - I love Yo, but save it for a treat cos its not cheap.
The food was the same standard as always, but it was the staff that prompted me to write a review.
A couple of the staff members were perky and chatty and friendly, but others were lazy and unprofessional.
I witnessed a chef screaming a staff members name at the top of her voice repeatedly until he appeared, and when he did she splonked some dished down and barked TABLE 3 at him.
He responded with "youre telling me you cant walk to table 3?" and she repplied with "I can, but Im not going to"
This was bad enough - but he then came back with "ok Ill just leave this here then" - and walked away leaving the hot freshly prepared dish sat on the counter for several minutes until he came and finally served it.
Fortunately for him "table 3" didnt notice the commotion - hes lucky that it wasnt a dish for my table!
I found this attitude really poor and as a person who works in the cuatsomer service sector, if he was one of my members of staff his time in my employment would be extremely short lived.

• Visited September 2013