“Yummy Cocktails” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
“Yummy Cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

It can't be denied that the cocktails are delicious here. The downfall is that it can take up to and over 30 minutes to get served even if you don't want a cocktail. It would be good to have some staff specific for cocktail making and others available to serve less maintenance drinks. We have walked in and straight back out on a number of occasions due to the length of the queue.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

YORK
“Quirky off the wall, must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have visited the Leeds Trinity Alchemist on several occasions, it's a real fun place with great selection of weird and wacky cocktails mixed using what I can only describe as items straight out of the chemistry lab at school. Food is not fine dining but always nice quality top end bistro type food with diverse menu, always cooked nicely. Our visit from am food and drink quality was as usual very high standard and couldn't fault any of this element.......................BUT unfortunately for the first time I have a couple of gripes:

My gripes based on this last visit ONLY :

On 23rd July I had booked a table for 5 to celebrate my daughters graduation earlier that day, to say the place was like an oven was an underestimation, yes it was a hot day, yes we were dressed quite formally and yes they had a floor standing fan adjacent to each table but really the temperature spoilt our visit it was very uncomfortable indeed. I cannot understand why you would open a city centre place at the top of a glass roofed centre without proper air-conditioning? I really think the Alchemist group should consider this as when. You are spending £200+ I expect a nicer environment than that particular day, our climate is changing and places like this need to consider this.

Customer focus : comments aimed at the fact we sat in the bar area for 90 mins ordering various cocktails and starters, we had several empty glasses and plates etc from the previous guests on our table for at least 45mins with several staff waking past, a couple of staff at the entrance to the restaurant clearly looked over on at least three occasions but no one made any effort at all to come across and clear away, it was all stil there as we moved through to our table to order our mains. I would expect more custeom focused service than this and it sort of detracted from the previously high standards I have always experienced at the Alchemist. It was a special occasion so didn't want to get involved in a discussion on the day.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“great cocktails, not fine dining but nice food, well presented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Been a few times now for both drinks and food, cocktails are excellent and its real theatre to sit at the bar and watch them being made, food ismof a good quality, nicely presented and reasonably priced. Would recommend booking

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Huge menu of cocktails so hard to decide where to start! Great to watch them being made and even better drinking them. Food menu is fairly basic, wraps and fries, fish and chips etc but all cooked and presented well. Friendly staff keen to help and advise with the cocktails. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited July 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Unique cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went here with for Sunday lunch. It was very busy but we managed to get a table after a few minutes wait. For a starter, I had the chicken and springonion dumplings which were delicious. I also enjoyed a lavender daquiri with lavender foam. The special fried chicken in the basket wasn't really that special but I still enjoyed it. The presentation was nice with the wire chicken basket. They serve breakfast all day. The place itself is in a fantastic location with the balcony with nice views. We found the service to be friendly and did not have to wait too long for food. The cocktails are quite pricey but they have a varied and unusual selection. I hope to go back to try some more at a later date.

• Visited August 2014