“Excellent evening with friends.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Leeds original and best Mussel bar, serving fresh mussels daily with a choice of sauces and freshly baked bread. Traditional Yorkshire pub food served also.
“Excellent evening with friends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Myself and 2 friends purchased a groupon deal for the 10th June to see Pulp Fiction.
We had a wonderful evening, great food, ( even for me, a fussy vegetarian!) a pleasant glass of sparkly and watched our favourite film.
Staff were friendly and attentive.
We would definately go again.
Great value for money, and lovely to enjoy a film and delicious food.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“small portions and long time to wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went here on a groupon offer for a film night. For £25 it included a 2 course meal, glass of wine, popcorn and a movie. We got there at 7.30 as we were told to and was previously informed the film would start at 8 oclock. After we arrived we bought a drink and was seated upstairs. and an order taken. The menu was very limited. We did not get our meal served until 8.30 , the starter was a fishcake I had chosen ,,which was very nice and hubby had black pudding, but a small portion. The waiters were good, keep filling our water up and asking if we wanted more drinks, which I feel was a ploy to get us to spend more money. The main course was not served until about 9.15. This is where I feel we had been ripped off, the main course was in fact some salad leaves with one baby tomato, a slither of orange and some small chicken pieces on top. It was more like a starter and did not fill us up at all. It never in a million years could be classed as a main meal!! We were stil lhungry after the 2 courses. We were asked if we wanted to order a sweet, again a ploy to get us to spend more money, bearing in mind this was a groupon offer that did not include a sweet.The film was finally put on at about 9.30. It was called the Artist, a silent movie in black n white, very boring. But all the films for this movie meal evening seem to be old classics that you can buy for £3. It all finished at about 10.50 so was a long drawn out evening. and it was definately not worth the money. I would have been really annoyed if I had paid full price for it. My advice , don't bother!

Visited June 2013
Iain M, General Manager at The Central Leeds, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello curlylocks

Firstly let me apologize, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your food, we will look to rectify the issues pointed out in your review.

I have been unable to reach the director of the artist for comments so I’m afraid he can’t defend his 2011 Oscar winning film. As for the ploy to get more cash out of you I’m afraid you rumbled us there.

Yours Sincerely

Iain M
Leeds
“Very enjoyable film and dinner night! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited The Central last night with a Living Social deal for one of their film nights (2 course meal, Prosecco, popcorn and a film) and we had a really great time and both of us will recommend to family and friends.
I was unsure how the film night would work but it was a success and had obviously been very well planned. On arrival into The Central it was busy which demonstrated how popular it is. We had a drink downstairs before being shown to the private area upstairs. The service was excellent and the waiter and waitresses were very friendly and accommodating. We actually got a complimentary bottle of wine for having a wobbly table and for having a supposedly 'limited view' - we hadn't actually complained but it was a nice touch all the same so thank you!
The food was excellent. I was hoping to be able to choose from the full menu but instead we were given a limited menu but nevertheless it was still a reasonable choice. I had smoked haddock fishcake for starter which was delicious and for main we had both asked for sausages but the waiter later mentioned they were sold out but we could have a burger instead (which wasn't one of the original options). The burgers were delicious and obviously of very high quality and I loved the relish and the homemade chips.
The film (The Artist) started once the mains were brought out which was good because it meant little disturbance to the film. The popcorn was also a nice touch.
We had a really great time and I'd definitely come again.

I just feel that I have to make a comment on 'greenysimons' review because it really annoyed me and I wish there was somewhere for me to comment underneath but instead I'll mention it here! The food from what I saw was very well cooked and the service was excellent - they strike me as a couple who either have it in for The Central or just like a good old moan. I doubt they got food poisoning and there were many flaws in their statement - for example mentioning 'weekend away' when it was on a Tuesday or Wednesday night! I just hope people ignore these comments and focus on the rest of the reviews which are excellent!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked for one of the movie and dinner nights to see 'The Artist'. The food was really good, the fishcake starter was very good and seasoned perfectly.

The lamb sausages for the main were equally as tasty. They have a brilliant range of ales and beers to choose from at really fair prices.

The service from the staff was excellent from start to finish which cant have been easy performing service in the middle of a silent film! When we returned to the bar downstairs to have a drink the barman kindly came over to advise us that the bar was about to close so if we wanted a drink we could get one now. Although we didn't, it is refreshing to have this sort of pro-active service. We will be returning to do it all again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Top Party Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had my 50 th Birthday drinks at The Central on Saturday 8 th June in the upstairs function/dining room. We had 50 - 60 people and Iain (the Manager) and Laura ( and the rest of the bar staff) looked after us brilliantly. Great pub, great people, great beer and great venue. Top night and a top venue