“mmmmn baked beans!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“mmmmn baked beans!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have eaten here many times because my boyfriend is a regular and if I ever needed to find him, propping up the bar in The PourHouse would probably be the first place I looked : )

On this particular occasion (Wednesday evening) we were a party of 10 celebrating a colleague leaving us - and it was all very last minute. She had arranged for us all to go to Soul Kitchen at the Wardrobe, however she didn’t book a table in time so on Wednesday afternoon she was desperately trying to find an alternative location. The Pour House was suggested and she jumped at it.

So I have sampled many of the items on the menu and I can quite honestly say I have never had a bad meal here; pulled pork fajitas, mac 'n' cheese, nachos, Sunday roast, the meat platter, cheese burger. On this occasion I chose the BBQ Chilli Pulled Pork Burrito and it was delicious. I assumed the pulled pork would be the same as served with the nachos and the fajitas but it was not - it was better. To my delight it has (I think) baked beans in it. So it's meaty and juicy (read messy) and spicy and a little bit sweet. All things a burrito should be.
My only criticism is this - the kitchen need to learn to roll a burrito properly - i.e. tightly - this one fell apart in a rather spectacular fashion and I had to eat it with a knife and fork.

The bar staff also provided exciting, if unintentional entertainment. Whilst refuelling the fire she accidentally set the bottle of fuel alight, with great alacrity she dashed off and got the fire extinguisher, returned and used it in a very professional manner, unfortunately she failed to remember that the fire is not enclosed with anything solid and accidentally covered a gentleman sitting by the fire minding his own business with the contents of the extinguisher!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“One of the best pubs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

God I love this place. If it's not the warm welcoming staff it's the comfortable decor. The choice of beers are amazing. I love the pour man's best, and the food was to die for. I had some excellent nachos that was heaped with jalapeños and cheese, then I tried a pour house burger and it was huge. And the mac and cheese inside it was perfect. I will degeneracy visit again.

Yorkshire
“Lovely atmosphere and great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch and was impressed with the large menu. Very polite staff, clean, lovely wine and not too busy. Spacious with fab views of the water. Makes a fab change to the crammed bars in the city centre.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Celebration, Florida
“Modern traditional pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent. One of the best burgers I've had. The atmosphere was very comfortable. More like sitting in someone's living room rather than a restaurant. Would love to visit this place during summer as it's right on the water. I would consider it a hidden gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

lovely place to go, quite not in Leeds city centre.. but lovely views of the canal.the food a little pricey but definitely worth it when the burger came out ( lots of choice and they do a fabulous Sunday roast too. my husband couldn't finish his and he never normally leaves food!! Love the log burning fire, also nice outside seating area (if the weather is nice...? )

• Visited November 2013