“Great Fish&Chips” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skyliner Restaurant

Skyliner Restaurant
15 Austhorpe View | Whitkirk, Leeds LS15 8NN, England (Formerly Skyliner)
+44 113 264 6853
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Seafood, Fish & Chips
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Welcome to the Skyliner, we are a family run restaurant and takeaway in our 52nd year. We pride ourselves in providing top quality fish & chips sourcing the best products available daily. We also now offer a Gluten Free menu, including our famous fish & chips.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Fish&Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Great food, fish was flaky, chips tasted lovely too.

We sat at the restaurant, and got served quickly.

2 fish & chips with salad, mushy peas, a drink and a glass of wine came to £20.

I would definitely recommend this place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best fish and chips for miles!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is definitely the best option for fish and chips for miles around!!! :) We visit regularly and have never had anything but fabulous food.

WAKEFIELD
“Terrific Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We have eaten here twice now, the portions are huge are the price is excellent, total value for money. The service from the staff is excellent too. We love our fish and chips and we will be going her regular.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“First time I've ever been in - won't be the last!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have lived within two miles of the Skyliner for over 32 years. I have enjoyed excellent fish and chips from the take-out many times. It wasn't until family came to stay that we decided to have 'good old Yorkshire fish and chips' that we actually went in the restaurant. I should've been before. The fish was excellent, thick and tasty, and not greasy at all.
The service we received was very efficient. It was a Friday evening, yet we were seated straight away. Our order was quite easy and it arrived very quickly.
No complaints at all. If you want a good meal of fish, chips and mushy peas, you can't go far wrong here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Flying the flag for Leeds Fish n Chips.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

When I lived in Leeds, I drove past half a dozen chippies to go to Skyliner. On a recent trip down from Scotland, I went to get my Leeds chippie fix, whilst visiting an old friend. Since I left 22 years ago, I'd not been to the Skyliner, but returned to be greeted by the same owner who had been there for maybe 40 years or more. We chatted while I waited for my order, he's semi retired now, but his son is the owner, carrying on the family tradition. I was going to eat in the car, as my friend had eaten and didn't want to sit in the small restaurant, not eating. Let's face it, fish n chips taste better out of the paper! The restaurant was pretty full, despite it being about 3pm. I noticed empty plates coming back from the restaurant, and complimentary comments as diners left. You have a few minutes to wait, but well worth it, as the food is being cooked as it's ordered and there are never piles of fish going dry in the heated cabinets, as in many chippies. The friendliness of the shop is apparent, lots of customers have clearly being coming in for years and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Now the important bit, the food. It was divine. They were exactly as they were when I last had them, that's delicious and worth travelling for. They're cooked in the way that's traditional in Leeds, which is why I always make a point of getting fish n chips when I visit. I shan't be going anywhere but Skyliner in future though. The chips are cooked perfectly, the fish fresh and tender, the batter crisp and golden. I made a point of going back to the shop to say how good they were, still. Close to the beautiful Temple Newsham Park and House, well worth a trip for anyone visiting that historical place.

Visited May 2014