“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skyliner Restaurant

Skyliner Restaurant
15 Austhorpe View | Whitkirk, Leeds LS15 8NN, England (Formerly Skyliner)
+44 113 264 6853
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 1,446 Restaurants in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Skyliner, we are a family run restaurant and takeaway in our 53rd year. We pride ourselves in providing top quality fish & chips sourcing the best products available daily. We offer a Gluten Free menu too, including our famous fish & chips. We also cater for parties and functions with free delivery, or why not have your party right here with us?
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I came here for lunch with my father in law and it was first class from start to finish. The service received was second to none and the food was devine. Would recommend anyone to give it a try the best fish and chips by far :-) xx

Leeds, United Kingdom
“family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went to skyliner restaurant today met with my family for lunch. We were greeted warmly and they soon altered the tables round to accomadate us all. The fish was really lovely and the batter was crisp as I like it.Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal.We will definatley be going again.

• Visited May 2013
Heslington, null, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service times, staff and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've lived in the area all my life and after many visits from myself, family and friends I can safely say it's one of the best chippys around.

Family run for many years, they have always provided very good quality take out fish and chips along with a great service.

if you decide to dine in, the restaurant is homely and the staff welcoming. The food is served quickly and freshly made every time I've been. The family love dining here and look forward to every visit. Portions have always been generous on every visit with the price in the range expected of fish and chip restaurant/take away yet with the added bonus of all the above.

Cannot find a fault and will carry on visiting.

Cross Gates, Leeds.
“Family run business at it's best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

As usual had a wonderful meal at the Skyliner. The fish, as always, was very tasty and a really nice texture with crispy batter. The chips and curry sauce are second to none. Always highly recommended, a restuarant that still keeps that personal touch with it's customers.

Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not good at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I visited this fish and chips restaurant about 2 weeks ago for a takeaway. It was around 8pm in the evening and was quite busy. The fish was cooked fresh but the batter was very crumbly, unevenly covered and not stuck well to the fish. The chips were old and quite cold too which I had to reaheat in the microwave when I got home. I only live 5 minutes away and really didn't expect such bad quality from such a highly rated restaurant. It comes nowhere close to the great fish and chips I have had in other places in Leeds. Overall a bad experience I'm afraid.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A_Brownbill-Meehan, Owner at Skyliner Restaurant, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
First of all may I say how disappointed I am you did not enjoy your fish & chips. As you can see from our other reviews we are normally "very good" or even "excellent" so I am shocked to see your comments.
I wish you had given us the opportunity to rectify the situation on the night or the next day , I would be grateful if you would contact me direct at the restaurant so we can put things right, and I'm sure we can change your opinion of our fish & chips.
Regards