“Fantastic way to start the day!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic way to start the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hubby and I went for a weekend brunch here and thoroughly enjoyed it. We arrived only a few minutes after it had opened and it was already busy (the restaurant is tiny so not much seating). The menu for brunch isn't particularly big but, what they do, they seem to do exceptionally well.
I ordered American pancakes with maple syrup and bacon and they were delicious - very fluffy and light. A minor niggle was that the bacon wasn't actually crispy but it didn't detract from what was a quality plate of food. My husband opted for French toast and that, again, was lovely. The food was not stodgy at all and didn't leave you feeling uncomfortably full afterwards. Drinks were presented nicely and the fresh coffee in particular was highly recommended.
Staff seemed very friendly and we definitely plan on visiting again to try some of the other delicious things on offer. A lovely way to start the weekend!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Yummy food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Myself and my other half probably eat here at least once every other weekend if not more. You can't beat the quality of the food (definately reccomend the eggs royale, American style thick pancakes and pecan tart). The owner and the staff are always very friendly. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. Definately give it a try if you're passing as you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic lunch in the heart of Leeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Absolutely perfect yet again. I often call in for lunch to Hepworth's Deli, and have never been disappointed. The sandwiches and cakes are well made, and only use the freshest ingredients. I only wish I had longer for lunch, so I could have time for a sit-down meal...

I don't understand people saying they 'resisted the cakes'. Why resist? They're fantastic - particularly the chocolate and strawberry tart...

• Visited January 2014
leeds
“Fabulous place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was taken here by a friend and I can't wait to go back. There was a lovely atmosphere and the food was fantastic. I chose the smoked salmon salad which was incredibly good value for the quality and quantity. I resisted the cakes but they looked amazing and I am already planning my next trip so I can sample the treacle tart. The staff were very friendly and it is a great place to spend Saturday afternoon - would highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great little place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Visited one lunchtime with a friend and had a great bite to eat. Steak sandwich with onion marmalade and a pot of skinny chips for 5.95. The place was really busy so we had to wait a little and my only critismism would be that the girl on the counter could do with a bit of help. I did enjoy the food so much though that I went back the next day on my own and had a pulled pork sandwich to take out. Will definitly be back soon to sample one of the cakes they have on offer as they look delicious.

• Visited December 2013