“Great Thai Restaurant in Leeds” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 1,306 restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian, cuisine.name.191
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Sukhothai are purveyors of the finest Thai cuisine. This city centre branch is open daily serving authentic thai cuisine ranging from Street Food to Royal Thai Cuisine, all cooked in a glass fronted theatre kitchen.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Thai Restaurant in Leeds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

First time we've visit this beautiful restaurant, everything is so like Sukhothai with the name!! I ordered Beef Massaman with coconut rice and my friend have Pad Thai. The Coconut rice is rich and creamy and so the Massaman, not sure about my mate pad thai but it'd looks delicious. After I have Banana fitter which were OUTSTANDING!!! Yummy :P We will return with larger group next time!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Tampa, Florida
“So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visited the Sukhohai in Leeds City Center with a large group in July. We shared the combination starters and everything was good, especially the springs rolls. I had the Weeping Tiger, which is steak, and it was F A B U L O U S! Seriously one of the best steaks I've ever had in my life. It melted in my mouth and the seasoning was great. I liked it so much that when I returned to Leeds, it's the first place I went to dinner. I had the scallops as a starter and they were cooked perfectly and were so flavorful. Of course, I had the weeping tiger again and it was just as good as I remembered it. The next time I'm in Leeds, I'll be visiting Sukhothai. I do recommend getting a reservation as both times I was there the place was packed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wow! A 'must visit' city centre restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ate here on a Monday lunch time with my daughter who has recently come back from Thailand and wanted to recreate her food experiences.
We initially wanted to go to the Headingley restaurant but as it's closed on Monday lunch time we ended up at the South Parade one instead. We were both very happy with every aspect of Sukhothai.
The service is probably the best I've experienced, and certainly in a city centre restaurant. The restaurant decor is stunning and makes for a very pleasant setting to enjoy the wonderful Thai cuisine.
The presentation of the food is excellent and the taste, according to my daughter, was very authentic.
We had a fantastic time here and I will most certainly be back here again. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to everyone.

“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visited the Sukhothai in Leeds with some friends as as lovely as it was i do think their place in Harrogate is better. The food was lovely but was lacking the presentation that we normally get in the Harrogate one, the staff were very friendly and attentive when they came but they seemed pretty sparse on the night.The bill took 25mins to arrive after asking 4 times. I would recommend this restaurant as i have visited before and was impressed, i think it must of just been an off night for them.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited the Sukhothai a couple of weeks ago on a wet Sunday night. We were staying in Leeds for 1 night only and were recommended the restaurant by our sons girlfriend, thanks goodness we took her advice. The restaurant has really good vibe going on, although most of the other places we past had very few diners in, the Sukhothai was at least 3/4 full. The service is excellent throughout and the menu has a vast choice no matter what your preference is. The decor is very authentic and tasty fully done, even down to the lucky baby buddahs that sit in the windows. I would highly recommend the Sukhothai but would suggest booking is a good idea due to its popularity.