“Great golf simulators, great food and excellent choice of drinks” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great golf simulators, great food and excellent choice of drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been to the golf cafe bar many times now and have used the golf simulators three times. They are so worth the money - absolutely brilliant experience. I'm fairly rubbish at golf so they put quite a high handicap on for me, which makes it a lot more fun when competing with the boys. The pizzas are really tasty - freshly made when you order and extremely good value for money. The Hot One is my favourite. They have a great selection of beers too, which you can order from within the golf simulator rooms using the handy telephones in each room which connect straight to the bar. This bar also has outdoor seating overlooking the river and inside the actual bar is really nice too. I would recommend a visit to anyone!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Yorkshire
“Golf birthday surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We booked a surprise party for 16 people to use 2 simulators for a 60th party- age range of guests was 7yrs-60!! and everyone had a superb time. Wayne, the manager, helped with the surprise, organised a party atmosphere and was extremely accommodating! All staff were helpful and we had a great time. Well recommended for amateur and pro golfers- games adapted to include all!
I would like to refer to the previous negative comments regarding the food and cocktail quality- surely if you are looking for fine dining and exquisite cocktails you would seek alternative and more appropriate establishments??....just saying!

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Oh dear! - What a mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went, for the first (and only) time to the Golf Cafe Bar last weekend - mid afternoon.
It was the weekend of the Leeds Waterways festival, all around us the people were thronging, live music playing, there was street entertainment - all the pubs were full to overflowing........

All except the Golf Cafe Bar...... It looked nice and quiet

Just the place for a quiet snack and a Guinness or two

It was quiet - Wimbledon was on the TV - and the staff were watching it (there was nothing else for them to do)

We ordered a dish of olives with sliced roll and a balsamic dip, together with a plate of something and chips (I cannot recall what the something was - but it WAS uninspiring) - the chips were cool, and not quite cooked, the mayonnaise was used to disguise their taste.
The olives had been kept in water - - (I jest not), had absolutely no flavour - whatsoever, the pre-sliced Mother's Pride burger bun (need I say more??) had been freshly sliced (!) and the balsamic/olive oil dip was basic.

Would I go there again - no - unless I could witness it being closed forever

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Pars Attacks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Some friends and I (6 of us) recently visited the Golf Cafe on a Saturday evening.
I had been in contact with Wayne before hand to book the event, and from that moment onwards he was extremely helpful. He talked me through how it would work beforehand, and talked through the rules and how to play once we arrived - as well as popping in throughout the night to see how we were getting on (and give some of the less "gifted" golfers a helping hand!)

The simulator itself was great. None of us are, shall we say, accomplished golfers! But that made NO difference to the enjoyment we had. I'd recommend it for beginners and professionals alike.
Such a good laugh, and the fact you can ring the bar from your own booth is a a stroke of genius... makes it all too easy to get another round in.

Affordable, weatherproof, fun, great for groups and, as well as all that, beer on call! Top night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“GOOD LAUGH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Good laugh with the boys great fun on the golf simulator 6 guys big screen in the bar for sport few beers what can a guy ask for . good value for money and the staff were really helpfull

• Visited February 2013