“Fantastic cakes!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #366 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Lovely little cafe serving locally sourced produce. Relaxed pleasant atmosphere and delicious well presented food. Home made cakes made on site and proper home made chips. Lovely
UK
“Fantastic cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The cakes and cupcakes at Tasty are simply amazing. Rebecca has made the most gorgeous and elaborate cakes and cupcakes for us and she is excellent at dealing with special requests and allergies. She even made a dairy, soya, gluten and grain free cake which is no easy feat. Her chocolate cloud cake is superb.
Everything we has eaten from Tasty has been top quality.
The staff are also really friendly and go out of their way to help.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bray, Ireland
“Pulled Pork and Beetroot Slaw mmmmmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have visited this restaurant twice while visiting my family in the area. My first visit was to try their "Pulled Pork and Beetroot Slaw" speciality. It was incredibly tasty and really filling and costs about £5. It is real meat and veg in a bun, and you get free chips if you eat in the restaurant. If I recall there was also a BBQ sauce in it.

They also have a great selection of other meals, cakes, coffees and teas.

My second visit was with seven other adults and 2 babies. Everybody was catered for and enjoyed their meal. The staff are very friendly and helpful and welcome parents and children.
There are seats outside the restaurant as well as inside, so plenty of room.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Family friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I love Tasty! I often pop in (most recently at the weekend) with my little girl whether for breakfast or early lunch.
Food is always fresh and staff friendly and attentive.
Free parking at Oakwood Clock, would highly recommend to anyone in the Roundhay Park area.

Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not so Tasty, but overpriced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

There are some very good reviews on here for Tasty, so I can only assume my negative experience is a rarity.

I tried to find a quick and healthy lunch, where I could sit and read a paper or sit on the decking outside for 10 minutes.

Unfortunately all I could could initially see on the menu was an overwhelming choice of burgers at £6 and up... and they were take out prices. I did find the sandwich menu behind the counter which offered a very peculiar range of experiments, I passed on the brie and steak and opted for a more familiar chicken and avocado on ciabatta. Baguette was my first choice but was not available, so ciabatta it was - both of which carry an additional cost. I wanted to eat in but the menu stated that these were take out sandwiches.

What arrived was what seemed to me a dry part-baked ciabatta stuffed with shredded lettuce and salad cream (I requested mayo, no butter), a wedge of tomato with a garnish of three chicken pieces and two pieces of avocado complete with some avocado skin.

This with a bottle of water was £6.00. On the sandwich menu I noticed the lunchtime special which advertised any panini or sandwich, with a soft drink and a piece of cake for £5.95. This was not offered to me.

This is a lot of money for a take out sandwich of well below par quality and a bottle of water. Even a napkin or two would have been helpful to absorb some of the torrents of salad cream running on my hands and clothes as the 'take and bake' bread disintegrated whilst having to sit on a bench to eat it.

I am sure my experience is not the norm, but I am disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Overlooking Oakwood Clock a great place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great selection of hot food great chips and fantastic cakes for after. I can recommend the food is great and friendly helpful staff. Been a few times from just a coffee and read of the newspaper while my wife did some people watching, interesting when the farmers market is on around the clock.

• Visited April 2013