“Why the bad reviews?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Leeds

You added Jurys Inn Leeds to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Leeds
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kendell Street, Brewery Place, Brewery Wharf, Leeds LS10 1NE, England   |
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Why the bad reviews?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I cannot believe the negative reviews concerning the reception team I have been here on business for the past three weeks and have found them very accommodating and pleasant to deal with especially Anna and Rachel nothing has been to much trouble and always service with a smile! Also the waiting on team Olivia and Ella excellent service even in busy periods. Thankyou to all involved during my ongoing stay. Jason

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
M3dogg,

Thank for your your review and for your continued business with Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am really pleased to see your are enjoying the Hotel and that the staff are being attentive and welcoming.

If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Colne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I came to Leeds Saturday just gone with two friends. One of my friends arrived there early and was told by a nice gentleman that the room was ready and that she could take the key as we had already pre-payed. My friend and I eventually arrived after being given the wrong directions by one of the reception staff. When we arrived I wasn't impressed by the first member of staff that greeted us. She wasn't smiling when I smiled at her, She was quite miserable and wasn't very helpful. I felt like we had annoyed her by being there. Then as she was struggling to find our 2nd reservation under another persons name (as we had booked two rooms originally for 6 people bearing in mind cancellations were non refundable but 3 of the party couldn't make it), The assistant manager came over to help. She confused and stressed us out by saying that we hadn't paid and that our freind who arrived earlier has paid for her room and now we have to pay for this one even though we had already paid 3 months ago and it stated it was a non refundable payment and the rooms will have been paid for. She then stated she needed us to prove that it had been paid and asked my friend who had organized the booking to give her the last 4 digits of the card to which it was paid by. To which my friend had to ring her partner to check this information,

The assistant manager advised that if it is a non refundable it would have been paid but because its not we have to pay for the room on arrival, which wasn't the case after she realized after looking at our paperwork, while my friend was on the phone the manager said very rudely to my friend it has been resolved if you come off the phone I can explain it to you. She said this twice to my friend which I found very very rude, after all she had asked my friend to confirm the the card number.

So basically what they had done is let my first friend go to her room assuming that she was the main named person who had booked the confirmation that wasn't under her name. The lady on reception did apologized for the stress this had caused. Then we realized when we went up to our rooms that they hadn't put us together and we were at other ends of the corridor.Then we couldn't get into our rooms as they key cards wouldn't always work.

The rest of the day / evening went well until we went to bed. All night from 12am until 6.30 am we heard teenagers coming back to their rooms being very noisy. Banging on doors asking to be let in. Which my other friend who stayed in the room on her own, was rudely woken up by a bunch of girls who had got the wrong room. Later on woken up again by a group of lads that were banging on their doors banging on their windows in their room shouting out the window. By this point my friend and I were pretty miffed off to say the least, We phoned down to reception to speak to the night manager called Tan, who very quickly responded to our request to ask them to be quiet.

We did complain to the main desk to find it was the same rude ladies from yesterday. They both were a lot nice and sincere this morning probably because they knew we were complaining. We suggested that they put the teenagers on one floor and the adults on another, as this ruined the rest of our day. The response to this answer was next time we would put you on a higher level and that anyone from the age of 18 can book an hotel room. We were also offered vouchers to stay again. I don't think I will ever be staying at any of the Jury Inn's, as most of their staff are RUDE and look down on you (Even the bloody house keeping!!!!) My friends and I will will be taking this further as we were looking forward to this weekend for months, to be treated like this and it wasn't exactly cheap and does not include breakfast. I have never had this problem before even staying at the Premier Inns. We also suggest that all staff members go on a customer service course, if my receptionist spoke to our customers the way we were spoken to she would have had a disciplinary!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Zoe T,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am very concerned that you did not have an enjoyable stay and am keen to discuss this with your further as soon as possible.

Please contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I have a bit of an ongoing complaint about Jury's but mainly the Birmingham one. Staff in Leeds were really polite and helpful. Lovely cooked breakfast. The bathrooms are ok but nothing special. I agree the the walls are paper thin with regard to noise. Very pleased the couple next to me had a great night but to hear every detail is too much.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Richard N,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds. I am pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, and hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

If I can help you with anything else at all please do not hesitate to contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

Kind Regards,

Kirton in Lindsey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel room was booked by the mother in law for mine and my partners birthday, found the hotel very quick and its a lovely hotel inside. Just we were waiting quite a while to check in (im a patient and understanding lady) and then found the staff member so rude once we got to the desk. There a misunderstanding and felt I was looked down apon.
Getting finally getting into the room we found it to be a great size, just what we had expected and was quite happy until we saw the size of the bed ! It was tiny, myself and partner arnt large people but we found it when we laid on the bed there wasn't a lot of room.
Leeds was a great night out, the hotel is in a great location, everything is walking distance.
We decided to go back to the hotel for a couple of drinks at the bar, the young Liverpool girl was lovely and she was making us relax and really enjoy our stay, at midnight we decided to go get some food (nothing on the jury's menu took our fancy even though was impressed they were still providing food) the Liverpool girl was helpful in telling us were to go, coming back we was rudely asked by a door staff if we were staying at the hotel and demanded to see our room key and wasn't polite at all.
Got back to the room and we didn't hear anything other people coming home from their nights out which was brilliant just a rubbish nights sleep due to the size of the bed, it wasn't even a double I don't think so meant we were awake from 5am,
Im not sure if I would like to stay again. . . . .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lisa b,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I have read through your feedback and am sorry to see you were not entirely satisfied with the stay. I am very sorry about that and would like to discuss it with you further.
Please contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed at Jury's hotel on business, check in was painless and efficient, room was decent size plenty of room to move about, excellent view over city skyline (I was on 8th floor, and my room wasn't as noisy as colleagues who were lower down) Comfy bed which saw me drift off into a deep sleep. Ordered room service on my second night, was told it would be about 25mins it was nearly 50mins of a wait, but I can't fault the quality of the food.

Breakfast was fairly standard self service type, but on second morning the restaurant area was extremely busy as there was a coach party (which may explain delay with room service the previous evening)

Slight walk to the car park, I struggled a bit due to mobility issues and a
heavy case, but that's not exactly the hotel's fault.

All in all, a good centrally located hotel, reasonably priced, decent food and a clean comfy bed, what more do you want.

• Stayed November 2013
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Mr_B_Kelly,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay but am sorry your soom service took longer than anticipated, I will be relaying your feedback to our Food and Beverage department. If you would like to discuss anything further please contaxct me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Kind Regards,

Fife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night whilst down in Leeds on business, room had a double and single bed and was comfortable and clean.

Only negative was the reception staff who were not very welcoming.

Would happily stay here again on future visits.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
georgina w, Manager at Jurys Inn Leeds, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear innes77,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay at Jurys Inn Leeds.

I am pleased to see you had a comfortable stay however, I am sorry to see your comments on our reception team.
I would like to assure you this will be fed back to the team directly and if you would like to discuss this further please contact me on georgina_wylie@jurysinns.com.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the fututre.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

we stayed here for my birthday arrived at 9 am asked to leave luggage they gave us room, which didn't have to, room was on floor 2 where stags and groups go , moved us to larger room on floor 10, so was very happy.........
large bathroom, comfortable room, nice view , very comfy bed so much so we slept in till 12-20 called reception as have to leave at 12....explained was hungover for birthday and they were fab-no probs def recommend. staff great and very helpful
5 mins from center so great location

Room Tip: lower 3 floors ar for groups , hens and stage- higher rooms for good sleep although we had no proble...