“Nice staff, good location,” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sandnes, Norway
“Nice staff, good location,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed one night with my wife. Very convenient location near train station. Just walk across the road. Friendly staff made us feel welcome when we arrived. Nice room with a fantastic view. Good service. And a very good experience with the restaurant - Chino Latino (I think). Perfect stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkPlazaOps, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Kenneth S,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our Hotel!

It's great to see that you tried our award winning restaurant Chino Latino!

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here earlier this month on business visiting our Leeds office. As a night stop it was fine, no real complaints but its a soulless big place in what I think is a converted office block. I was on the 12th floor so the room was fairly quite albeit still some road roar from far below. The rooms are a bit modular looking, like an upmarket Travelodge. Saving grace was the Chino-Latino restaurant which I have experienced in their London Embankment hotel which is rated in its own right and which did a decent buffet breakfast in the morning. May be the London one (where we have our firm's annual conference) is their flagship. However this hotel is right in the centre near the station and business district

Room Tip: High floor best as there is road and rail noise
Dear Drew I,

Thank you for taking the time to review Park Plaza Leeds.
It is disappointing to read that not everything was to your satisfaction, and for that I apologise.
I'm glad to see that you enjoyed Chino Latino during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback.
Keighley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were in Leeds for the Christy Moore concert and stayed at the Park Plaza for one night in an executive room. We were really looking forward to the evening and wanted to make it even better by staying in a city centre hotel. We were not disappointed. The hotel is ideally situated and the room had wonderful views over the city. After a very comfortable night's sleep we had breakfast at the hotel.The food was excellent and so were the staff. They were efficient, polite and courteous and provided service with a smile. We made use of the hotel discounted parking at the nearby Q Park.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have splendid views over the city.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear William M,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our Hotel!

It is great to hear that everything was to your satisfaction during your stay and that you found our staff to be helpful and provide 'service with a smile'!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a very positive experience when staying at this hotel recently. Arriving into Leeds late eve, its a perfect location whether arriving via air or train. Right next to station. The staff made me very welcome as a lone female traveler. Nothing too much trouble. great room and very very comfortable and spacious

Room Tip: Top floors great views
Dear busternorman,

I am so glad that your stay at Park Plaza Leeds was an enjoyable one!

It is great to read that you were made to feel welcome by our team as a lone traveller.

We do hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Many thanks.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have often stayed at the Park Plaza on business since about 2008 and always found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. Rooms on the side facing the station can be a bit noisy - but then this is a city centre.
I like to ask for a corner room and usually manage to get one. The toiletries in the bathroom are fine and the magnifying mirror is a huge bonus - why is this not standard in all hotel rooms these days?
Recently I have developed a quite difficult medical condition which makes my diet extremely challenging when staying away from home - well not here. I was offered to add breakfast to my room rate upon check in - usually I don't bother as I get strange looks when I ask for gluten free and dairy free products. Not only did the breakfast staff make up my gluten free porridge for me with soya milk - it tasted delicious and they obviously took a lot of care over it for which I am very grateful. They also provided me with gluten free bread. The restaurant supervisor even gave me her email address and that of her manager for future visits so that they could be better prepared to help me. This really was an excellent customer service experience. I'll be back again soon.

Dear JAP25,

It is wonderful to see that our team were on hand to assist with your requirements during your stay. We value the needs of our guests and this kind of feedback is always really appreciated.

I do hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Many thanks.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I arrived late, tired and ready to rest up. I was greeted by an engaging, professional at the front desk who swiftly took me through the neccesaries. I was directed to the reasonably priced, secure car park and where I might get some food.

The room was outstanding, great views of Leeds and beyond. I slept like a log, woke refreshed, enjoyed excellent facilities and a great workspace to get the day off to an efficient start.

Checking out was equally simple, effective and a positive experience

Room Tip: As high as possible to enjoy the views of a great city
Dear Martin C,

It really is fantastic to hear that our team were efficient, friendly and helpful and that your stay was an enjoyable one! This will certainly be passed down to the team who really appreciate this kind of feedback.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Thank You.
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

arrived before 3 but given keys no prob. our room for 3 was plenty big enough very comfy 2 single and double sofa bed. lovely fluffy towels and nice toiletries. tea and coffee replenished would definetly stay again near to train station and all shops. staff very friendly too. cannot comment on bar or food as didnt use them.only thing was the frosted door to bathroom but that would not put me off staying again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jayne C,

Thank you for youre positive review of our Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Park Plaza Leeds? Share your experiences!