“Lovely modern hotel, very well located.” 4 of 5 stars

Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 89 hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely modern hotel, very well located.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here recently on business and had a lovely stay. The hotel was literally right opposite the train station so very convenient. The reception is modern and colourful and the check in was quick and easy.
My room was on the 6th floor and was quite large and very clean. The only odd thing was the television which was quite old fashioned (not flat screen, quite rare these days!) The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was large and bright and the air conditioning was good.
I really enjoyed the breakfast, it is buffet style and has everything you could ask for, and all very nicely cooked.
I also tried out the Chino Latino restaurant, and I received a 25% off voucher which was useful, as although the food is tasty it is rather expensive.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

1,100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Dark and dimly light hotel, lighting of a club and black paint leeds for a 1990s finish that is not cool for present day. Pleased to sleep in a clean bed, but room was drafty, bedroom door allowed a lot of corridor activity to be displayed underneath and the overall finish was grubby... E.g the bath came with someone else's hairs and water marks, the glass door to bethroom was covered in finger prints and the carpet was too dark to show any cleanliness or not. But the main importance was the bed and this was comfortable and clean. Thanks but not again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ParkPlazaOps, Manager at Park Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
We are a design led hotel where all of the rooms have been refurbished in the last 12 months.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

You can't complain about the location as it is just across the road from the station and looking over the square in front of the Queens Hotel so is very convenient for central Leeds. The lobby area is a bit draughty and minimal and the corridor leading to the lifts is underlit - I guessed they are going for that urban sophisticated look but it just looks odd. The rooms are a little minimalist too again a case of style over function and the overall effect is rather chilly and unwelcoming. Great breakfast though the next day and in spite of it being a central hotel it is quiet probably by virtue of it being a tall building.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the square and watch the city in action.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback we are a design led hotel.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our stay at the Park Plaza was great. Staff were friendly and very helpful, made us feel very welcome. The hotel is so ideally located, literally outside the train station, perhaps a 3 minute walk. We had a lovely room on the 20th Floor with great views of the city, spacious, clean & tasteful decor. We dined at the Chino Latino Restaurant which was lovely - Great food & atmosphere. Breakfast was also really good with a great choice of hot dishes and continental items too. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel if you looking for comfort and central location.

Room Tip: Higher Floor for good view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the positive response.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great location, friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. The decor is not to the highest standard but it is still very good and satisfactory for a city break. The bathroom was very nice and had a nice big bath to relax in. I did not eat here so unfortunately cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Rooms:

First the window of my room was broken so I was not able to close it. So it was freezing in the room and the bathroom had an awful smell. They upgrade me as a compensation but after I went personally downstairs to complain since the standard answer was “We are sorry but we are fully booked” or it will take a while” but it was almost 01:00 am. So I requested to talk with the manager, then it worked out.

Bar:

In the bar, me and other colleagues found some of the bar employees very rude. They way they’d answer our queries. The way they would give us the drinks, etc. etc. We felt unwelcome and uncomfortable. Moreover, when giving feedback at reception this was not received as expected. Answers were quite defensive, instead of “let’s solve it” or similar. Some of the answers I got were: “It is weird that out of so many people you are the only one who had a problem”. And when I said that I didn’t like the way they’d talk to me, I received as feedback “At least they tried to tell you what went wrong”. So this just confirms my point of the hotel not taking serious the guest complains.

I had to change "rooms" since my room was booked for the last night but nobody would have informed me until last minute if I'd not have asked by accident at reception.

Breakfast:
At breakfast, I even saw staff from the hotel complaining among each other since they’d forget guest request or would not do what they were supposed to do.

Room service:
We called to ask for what it was offered in the menu and later they called us to say they didn’t have what we wanted but they offered other options. Later they called us again to say that they only had cold sandwiches. Very disappointing.
In addition, I must say that during my stay in September I got a room where there was blood in the bathroom. Back then I didn’t complain but I thought it was strange.

When checking out they didn't charge me for water I had at the minibar as a courtesy and the upgrade. So they took care of the case in a way but through the whole experience I can say that it felt more like they were making me more a favor than repairing all the issues I had to go through. So I didn’t left with a good feeling.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We always try to rectify the issues raised on the day and resolve immediatley, sadly this guest did not report any of the issues while residing at the hotel so I am unsure as to the truth of the commentary made.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Each time I stay over in Leeds the first hotel I check availability and prices on is the Park Plaza!
Location is perfect as you walk out of the door into the heart of the city and the train station is yards away. Our room on the 15th floor overlooked City Square and has fantastic views. I booked the Executive room plus package which gave complimetary drinks between 6pm and 8pm and included a taste of Chino Latino (nibbles from the restaurant. A great way to start the night. Breakfast was also included.....terrific value.
Room was excellent, clean, comfortable and modern.
Cant wait for my next visit to Leeds!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback.

Been to Park Plaza Leeds? Share your experiences!