“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa

You added Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Century Way | Thorpe Park, Leeds LS15 8ZB, England   |
Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for the weekend on the 16th May with friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. From the moment we checked in on the Fri to leaving on the Sun it was perfect. All the staff were so friendly it was refreshing. They were so polite, helpful, welcoming, I could go on....... I had the best birthday ever in one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The spa was wonderful and so were all the treatments, we will definitely be coming back. I would just like to say a massive thank you to Lee in reservations for arranging the accommodation, I know this was not easy as some rooms had to be booked last minute. Lee you were superb at organising us all. I would also like to thank Michael in the restaurant for doing a brilliant job during the meal, the food was wonderful. Counting the days to my next visit.

Room Tip: Room 232 was a lovely quiet suite
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for comments, I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your 40th with us. I will certainly be passing on your comments to Lee and Michael, who has been with us since opening 12 years ago. All my team will be really encouraged to receive such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon.
Gordon Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bingley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

our overnight stay including Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and full use of the spa facilities, from checking in to checking out we were treated incredibly well, the staff are friendly approachable and professional and they made our stay memorable. From the bedrooms to the spa, the facilities are above and beyond and the attention to detail is incredible. Swimming in the pool, relaxing in the garden in the sun, dancing to 80's music, eating a fabulous Chateaubriand meal to treatments in the spa, what a wonderful treat, not to be forgotten.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for such a lovely review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted you enjoyed it so much and were well looked after by my team. Please keep checking our website for some great entertainment night packages we have at Thorpe Park over the next few months
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had our Wedding at the hotel on Saturday 3rd May 2014……..all I can say is if you are thinking about this hotel for you wedding……stop thinking and get it booked NOW……
We booked our wedding at the Thorpe Park hotel and Spa, from the first visit it felt right, the team are ultra-professional very approachable and ensured that our day was the best ever…..From the receptionist to the housekeeping nothing was too much….

The wedding team on the day (Machala and Nicole) went out of their way to ensure that everything went to plan; they were at the Hotel early and stayed late.

Evening meal (night before), Canapés, Wedding Breakfast (lunch), evening buffet, breakfast…….Excellent quality…..Excellent quantity

Spa
My Wife Family and friends attended the Spa on the Friday for some pampering…..in my wife’s words…..it was the best spa she has been to…..think I will need to set up a standing order from now on LOL

Mr Gordon Jackson (Hotel GM) must have the best job ever in the hospitably business……with the team he has around him he must get fed up with people contacting him with compliments…..

Following our wedding the best thing we can advise future clients is ….We would not change one thing about our day experience at the Thorpe Park Hotel and Spa Colton Leeds….

Room Tip: Our party had the full complement of room with no complaints Suit Double Adjoining Family room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments about your wedding day. It truly was a pleasure and all the team on the day commented what a fantastic day it was. Receiving such feedback really is the best part of my job and I am so lucky to have such a fantastic team, Michaela , Nicole and indeed all the staff will be so encouraged to hear such positive feedback. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Thorpe Park soon and I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your wedding with us
All the best for the future
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Only stayed for one night as visiting local area. Very enjoyable stay but highlight were the young excellent staff.

Normally employers say that young British people are lazy and not as good as European people. Not at this hotel.

Had a really pleasant stay.

Did not use spa so not marked this.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us and its really encouraging to hear that you were impressed by my team, I will certainly be sharing your feedback with them. On your next visit you must take advantage of the excellent Spa facilities we have here at Thorpe Park
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Last Tuesday I attended a meal with a group at Thorpe Park Hotel in Leeds. I found the staff were attentive but the tea/coffee and juice offered at the start was served in mugs and the juice was too sweet, the meal was not impressive, a very ordinary meal and the wine was, well, to be frank, disgusting. I was shocked that for four hours parking we were charged £5 as well as the price of our meal. We used a disability parking space which had no drop kerb so I had to walk around to push the wheelchair further than I needed. The disabled access toilet was up a rather steep slope, something to be considered when pushing a heavy person, and it was not very clean. Altogether a rather disappointing experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your visit to us recently. I was concerned to read you were not impressed by your experience with us. The only part of the hotel we would serve beverages in mugs is in our Conference Area, we do this purposely as we encourage a more informal social dining environment and drinks are available on a self serve method. If you found our Orange Juice too sweet, had you brought it to our attention we have a selection of juices available both bottled and freshly squeezed. We carefully select our wines, to try and give the best value, quality and selection. Again, had you mentioned the particular wine was not to your taste we would have had happily offered you an alternative. We have never had any of our wines described as disgusting, maybe the wine itself was corked, which sometimes happens. We do clearly display our Car Parking Tariff, before you enter our car park to avoid guests being surprised, and we offer 2 hours complimentary as this is normally sufficient time for our guests to enjoy lunch. I do appreciate your comments about our disabled parking areas, and I will certainly be reviewing it with my team, as I will with all your feedback. Please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel at anytime to discuss any of the issues you had in person.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed for the Ultimate Girls Night In package, and have to say it was great from start to finish! The food was lovely, the service was impeccable all round (the staff really worked their socks off to make us feel welcome) and we felt pampered through and through!

We were really impressed that the hotel let us use the spa facilities after checking out, so we got some extra time to relax and of course stayed for a lovely dinner.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone feeling a bit under the weather and in need of some TLC, I went with the girls in my family and there wasn't a single moment we felt stressed or unappreciated - not like at home!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us, I am delighted you were so well looked after by my team. The Girls Night In are the most popular packages we have here at Thorpe Park, especially since we successfully introduced our Girls Night Out package. Hopefully we will see back at the hotel soon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times on business but looking at somewhere else. All of the bedroom doors close with a BANG...not even remotely quiet. If there is a function on or a busy period you can hear people talking in the corridor, not yelling, just talking and the bedroom doors - BANG BANG BANG.

I asked for some more coffee to be sent to my room as I had used what was given in the morning. After 1 hour I phoned reception again and was advised again that they would send some immediately. After another 30 minutes I went to reception myself to ask. Can't remember what the feeble excuse was.

Food in the restaurant and bar area is consistently poor, over rated, over cooked.

Service in the bar area is consistently poor, I would say that at least half of the time I give up waiting for my bill and just leave.

Tonight I was left (not a busy evening by comparison) for at least 1/2 hour with an empty glass when I wanted to order another glass of wine. When the staff finally came to me, having been called over, I ordered a drink and the bill. After a further 15 minutes neither had arrived so I walked out - again.

Overall and after staying here at least 10 nights over the past 2 months I would have to say that tonight's experience is typical

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ThorpeParkHotel, General Manager at Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our Hotel. Its disappointing to hear that you are unhappy with the standards of Food & Service we offer here. On Thursday in particular, I was on duty and I don't recall any issues, with service and my reception team aren't aware of any guests having to wait such an unacceptable amount of time to have any items delivered to rooms. Had you brought any of the issues you have raised, to our attention at the time we would have done everything possible to ensure you enjoyed your stay and received the level of service all our guests should receive.
We are very proud of our Standards here at Thorpe Park and I would very grateful if you could contact me direct at the hotel at anytime so I could discuss all these issues with you in person rather than on such a public forum.
I appreciate that you having taken the time to share your feedback, and I hopefully I will get the opportunity to speak to you direct and you can return to us soon
Gordon Jackson

Been to Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!