“Definitely not a big deal!” 3 of 5 stars

Weetwood Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Otley Road | Headingley, Leeds LS16 5PS, England   |
Ranked #31 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
Modena, Italy
“Definitely not a big deal!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed here for a 3 day business trip.

The location is fine as the hotel is immersed in the green: as i go jogging early in the morning I liked this very much.

The room was nothing special: although it was large, I find it a bit anonymous and the cold white lamps did not contribute at all at creating a warm atmosphere.

I ate at the restaurant hotel just once: I find it expensive and not particularly satisfactory. On the other hand, I liked the breakfast: varied and riched.

Overall, just a mean place where to go.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
WeetwoodHall, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for your encouraging feedback in regards to your recent business trip to Weetwood Hall.

It is great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our extensive grounds on your early morning jogs. Our Head Chef will also be happy to hear your comments regarding your breakfast experience; we pride ourselves on the locally sourced food served throughout the Hotel. I am therefore sorry to hear your feedback regarding our restaurant, however would like to assure you that we have recently introduced a new dining experience in the Brasserie which is now our Hotel restaurant, offering a wide range of dishes which are individually priced.

It is unfortunate that you were unhappy with the furnishings in your bedroom however can assure you that we are currently undergoing the final stage of our bedroom refurbishment programme.

We do hope that you would consider using Weetwood Hall again in the future.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Top drawer hotel with very reasonable prices. Paid £109 for quality double room including good breakfast with wide choice of food. Good location (£10 taxi ride from Leeds Train Station). Nice grounds, good bar and restaurant. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay here at Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

Our team find it very encouraging to read such excellent comments regarding our facilities, standard of accommodation and food quality. It is also fantastic to hear that you find our Hotel good value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood Hall in the future,

Perthshire, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Recently booked a two night b&b stay which also included dinner on the first night. All for £140, which gave us a beautiful upgraded room in the Manor Wing.
Staff were first class and the food was very good.

Room Tip: Upgrade to The Manor Wing
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
WeetwoodHall, Customer Service Executive at Weetwood Hall, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit, sampling our locally sourced produce with our team displaying their high standards of customer service throughout. It is great to read that you found us to be good value for money whilst offering high quality accommodation and food. Our team find feedback such as yours incredibly motivating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood Hall in the near future.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have stayed at Weetwood Hall many times on busines and have always been impressed with the facilities, the staff and the superfast free wifi. It is a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
WeetwoodHall, Guest Relations Manager at Weetwood Hall, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent comments regarding your regular visits to Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

It is fantastic and incredibly motivating to read such positive feedback regarding our facilities and staff. I am delighted that you stay with us on a regular basis with business and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Partner booked this hotel as a treat for both of us. First impressions on arrival not bad, huge foyer, huge brasserie but when we entered our room it became obvious that they had used up all the available space on the ground floor. Would have ordered a cat from room service but sadly we didn't have the room to swing it. Bitterly cold day but at 3pm no heating in room - called reception to be told that the heating doesn't come on until 3:15 pm - when i mentioned that I was cold now - receptionist told me that she would also would like to have the heating on but it was not possible - and while she has my sympathies - at least she's paid to be there whilst we, on the other hand, were paying. Partner went downstairs to complain and came back with a very noisy fanheater. A member of staff came to check whether the thermostat on the radiator was on or off - I did say to her i don't think all three of us can get in this room together but she failed to see the joke. Due to size of room she couldn't actually see the controls as the built in desk was in the way. Partner and I took turns to stand up in room when getting changed for the evening, and to relieve the claustrophobia i had a long soak in the bath. The bed was positioned in such a way that necessitated me climbing over it to get in as no access from my side of the bed. Not sure how this would work if you were an older client. This room would have been adequate for one - miserable for two. of note is that the Fitness club they have free access to is TWO MILES away....... relatives we were visiting nearly booked their daughter's wedding there - but didn't - lucky for them.

Room Tip: my advice is to ask to see your room before they swipe your card.....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Weetwood Hall.

I was sorry to hear that during your check out with our reception team, when asked about your stay you had described it as disappointing. I therefore felt it imperative that at the earliest opportunity I contact you in order to discuss your experience in more detail. Thank you very much for taking the time to discuss your stay with me on the telephone; I was able to get a clearer idea on which elements of your stay were unsatisfactory for you. As discussed during our conversation, an immediate review of the heating system within our Hotel was carried out by our Maintenance team and will continue to be checked regularly.

With regards to your bedroom, I was sorry to hear that you found our Junior Double room too small for your requirements. As we discussed, we do offer a variety of room types and display further information with images on our website. I do also hope that you were offered further information on any larger rooms we had available with the option to upgrade if required.
We take all feedback extremely seriously and as discussed, your comments were issued to Departmental Managers for an immediate review of the standards we currently have in place. Your comments are vital in the on-going operational training which takes place at Weetwood Hall to ensure our future development is a success.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience with us. I hope that the manner in which we have received, accepted and responded to your views on a personal basis, is a reflection of the caring manner in which we hope to develop our customer service levels at Weetwood Hall.

I do hope that you will consider using Weetwood Hall again in the future.

Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Couldnt fault this hotel at all, the staff, rooms and location were amazing. If you get the chance to stay here please do. . Its a chance to relax with some great views too. I will be returning.

• Stayed April 2012
WeetwoodHall, Guest Relations Manager at Weetwood Hall, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback regarding your recent visit to Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

We are thrilled that you had a very enjoyable stay; it is our aim to ensure all guests have a comfortable and relaxing nights sleep with us. Our team are delighted with your comments and find feedback such as this incredibly motivating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood Hall in the near future.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel 28 March 2012 and was welcomed by Enzo; before attending a meeting at the university the day after;
it was booked by the university and I was very pleased with the hotel. I had a double room of very good standard with tea making facilities and a bath / shower, TV. A really comfortable night; cannot fault this. I was late arriving and therefore did not have the opportunity to walk around the lovely grounds. I went to the restaurant for a meal rather than the brassier which was very busy, the food was excellent, the staff very polite and helpful and reasonable price; you can have a 2 or 3 course menu. A really super full English breakfast or I lighter if you prefer.

I met colleagues there and the only difficulty we had was the taxi; there were five of us and I had noted that there is a hotel shuttle which we could have booked. The hotel is quite a distance from the station and you would need to have transport to the centre although one of my colleagues used the bus.

Thank you Weetwood I would visit this hotel again in Leeds

Room Tip: A double room was excellent for me although a colleague I met had stayed before and was in a single...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
WeetwoodHall, Guest Relations Manager at Weetwood Hall, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your excellent feedback in regards to your recent visit to Weetwood Hall, Leeds.

We aim to provide a comfortable and relaxing nights stay for all guests therefore it is fantastic that you recognised this and thoroughly enjoyed the accommodation and facilities we have to offer. It is extremely encouraging to read that you found our locally sourced produce to be of excellent quality whilst remaining reasonably priced. We pride ourselves on our customer service levels, facilities and food therefore we find it very motivating when these areas are positively acknowledged by our guests.

With regards to your colleagues bedroom; we do offer a variety of room types and are currently in the final stage of refurbishment to bedrooms and bathrooms. More detailed information on the different room types can be found on our website.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Weetwood Hall in the future.

Kind regards

Customer Service Executive

Been to Weetwood Hall? Share your experiences!