“Great food and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

0845 200 1871
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Grill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great food and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Marriott and had dinner at the Midtown Grill restaurant... I must say - I had the best quality/cooked piece of meat I have had in a while!
This was also topped by the friendly and attentive staff and the relaxed atmosphere.
Also recommend the side dishes - large enough to share. We had the creamed spinach! Yummy!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MidtownGrillManager, Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Lumorris,

Thankyou for taking the time to review Midtown Grill.
I am pleased that you enjoyed dining with us. Its always great to hear such great reviews about our locally sourced Yorkshire steaks, We take great pride in our food and our service so I am pleased you found these to be top quality

Thank you for choosing Midtown Grill and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“As you would expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Typical good quality marriott restaurant. They are now functioning as a Steak House so limited choice other than fish and steak (menu available on line). Wine pricey but were offering a free glass for early bookings

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MidtownGrillManager, Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear dwalton871,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill. Im sorry you felt the menu was limited. It is something we will take into consideration when designing our new menu, so thank you for your valuable feedback.

As a steak restaurant we take great pride in our locally sourced steaks and it is our main focus on the menu, so I do hope you got to enjoy one of these.

The complimentry glass of wine is really popular amongst our regulars who dine between 5pm-7pm. In regards to the wine being pricey, we do try to have a varied range of wines and prices on the menu to cater for everybody, but I will pass your feedback onto the management team.

Thank you for visiting Midtown Grill and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A personal fave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

After visiting previously when the restaurant was part of Tastecard scheme (slight shame it still isn't, as would visit much more frequently!) I loved it. Returned with my boyfriend for Valentine's Day and both enjoyed our food as much as the first time. Fantastic, attentive service from all involved in the restaurant, even the chef came out to ask if we were enjoying our food - lovely touch. Great ingredients, and complimentary chocolate and marshmallows at the end tops off a fab meal.

Would definitely recommend for a couple or group of friends wanting nice food, relaxing environment and good drinks.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MidtownGrillManager, Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Ajb1953,

Thankyou for taking the time to review Midtown Grill. I am so pleased to hear you had such a great time dining with us. We take great pride in the service we deliver at Midtown Grill so its always good to hear such great feedback.

In regards to the food and 'great ingredients', we have passionate chefs who cook with locally sourced ingredients, including our steaks, which we source from Nidderdale in the Yorkshire Dales and its this Yorkshire element I feel makes our food so great.

And as for the marshmallows.... well, they are my favourite part about working here, I always try and sneak one or two myself, its definatley a great way to end the meal.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Midtown Grill in the future and continue to be "a personal fave"

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Truly Scrumptious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Visited Midtown Grill on Monday evening for a family celebration and we were not disappointed. We were shown to our table by Tom, who had impeccable manners and handed the only thing I'd change - ridiculously large, cumbersome menus. I'm pretty sure whoever came up with that idea, doesn't work in the restaurant and has left the poor waiters and waitresses to lug them around and hand out to customers. Cara also looked after our table and again, she was delightful and attentive. So, to the food; I ordered the prawns to start which were so good, full of flavour. For my main, a fillet steak from the Yorkshire Grill menu - it melted in my mouth, just delicious. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and said it was the nicest restaurant food they'd had for a long time and I would absolutely agree. We will be making a return visit very soon. Thank you for a lovely evening.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MidtownGrillManager, Restaurant Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Special-treats,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I am so pleased to hear you and your family had such a lovely evening.

Its great to hear both Tom & Cara delivered such great service and I have passed on your comments to them both.

In regards to the menus, I apologise that they are not to your liking. It is something we are currently looking into and developing for the the launch of our new menu, so thank you for your feedback.

As for the food, I think you summed it up perfectly "Truly Scrumptious". The Pan Fried Prawns are my personal favourite dish so its great to hear you enjoyed these. We take great pride in our locally sourced steaks, so its always great to hear such wondefull reviews about them.

Thank you for visiting Midtown Grill and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Restaurant Supervisor
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My partner and I visited on Saturday evening for a meal and the food was amazing. The prawns were cooked to perfection and the steaks for the main were done exactly as we asked.
Our waitress Cara is the star of this place and she made the experience excellent with her genuine desire to ensure everything was how you wanted it. The marshmallow and chocolate with the bill are a lovely touch too.
My only down side to this restaurant (and I am far from a snob) is that the toilets are shared with the noisy bar next door. When you are paying £20+ for a main meal and £100+ per couple, you don't expect to go to the toilets and listen to the foul language we did and constantly see Kavos uncovered walking past the door and staring in!
All in all, lovely food, great service just some small refinements to the way Marriott manages having two differing target audiences for two different establishments using the same facilities.

MidtownGrillManager, Supervisor at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear tom13mck,

Thank you for taking the time to review Midtown Grill. I am pleased to hear that you both enjoyed your meals. We take great pride in our locally sourced steaks and the pan fried prawns are my personal favourite dish, so its great to hear you enjoyed these and they were cooked to perfection.

In regards to Cara's service, well what can I say. Its hard to believe she has only been with us for 5 weeks, but she has settled in to our Midtown Family very well. Im glad that she was able to deliver such excellent service for you both and I will pass on your comments to her.

Please accept my apologies regarding the foul language. We have taken your comments on board and will be discussing them with the bar team in order to improve our business.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Midtown Grill soon