“WOW” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Hudersfield
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My partner and I checked out the Midway grill which is situated within the Marriott Hotel last weekend and had the most gorgeous meal, I'm drooling thinking about it now. The service was excellent and the staff very attentive, nothing was too much trouble for them. I was undecided which steak to go for so the waiter explained in detail which cut of meat would be more tender which would be more flavoursome etc and boy was I happy with my choice. The presentation was top notch and I loved the little touch at the end when presented with the bill, toasted marshmallows and chocolate. I cannot wait to go again. If you are in Leeds go you will not be dispointed I assure you.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MidtownGrillManager, Manager at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review MIdtown Grill I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your evening with us.

The front of house team were very proud of the comments you wrote about service.

I do hope you book again with us for the near future and please keep an eye out for our new website launching mid August.

83% Recommend
Leeds, United Kingdom
“If only more people knew about this place...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the second time I've visited the Midtown Grill, situated in the Marriott Leeds hotel in the city centre; the first was when it had just opened and I expected it to be quiet. However, even though it was a Monday evening, the restaurant only had about a dozen people in. I can't understand why it's not advertised more as not just being a "hotel restaurant" but open to the public as well - even from the 1871 bar where we had a drink beforehand, you wouldn't know that a restaurant even existed just behind it!
We had looked at the menu whilst having our drinks (warning - you need strong hands to hold it!), and were overwhelmed by the choice of steaks on offer, as well as other meats and fish courses, but when we were shown to our table we were offered another "summer menu" which offered a choice of 2 courses for £20 or 3 courses for £24 including a drink!
Spoilt for choice, we decided to stick to our original decision from the main menu and ordered the smoked salmon and French onion soup for starters. The salmon more than covered my plate, with only a little lettuce and lemon slice to garnish, along with some deep-fried capers - delicious! My husband's French onion soup was pronounced "fantastic", thick and full of onions, with a cheesy crouton on the top. We were offered some very tasty homemade bread to go with our starter, crusty and warm, and some more when we'd finished it. Our main courses were tenderloin steak with a red wine jus for my husband and pan-seared calves liver for me. The steak was cooked to perfection, about 2in thick and melt in the mouth. My calves liver was superb, cooked just pink with not a hint of bitterness, on a bed of potato puree (mash!) and bacon lardons. We added thick chips, onion rings and sauteed mushrooms to our dishes, which we couldn't finish after giving all our attention to the meat! We decided against dessert and went straight for coffee, but the toasting marshmallows and chocolate which came with our bill was very welcome and yummy!! The service throughout was friendly and helpful, and it was an altogether exceptional way to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary! True, it is expensive, but no more so than other well-known restaurants in and around Leeds, and this one really is worth the money.... I would certainly recommend giving the Midtown Grill a try.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wow, Thank you so much for your review of Midtown Grill, I am so pleased you enjoyed your evening.

Our chefs take great care in the food they serve and very much appreciated your kind comments.

We have recently changed our main a la carte menu so there are a whole new host of dishes to try, and as for further advertising we are launching our own website mid August so please have a look.

I very much hope that you will pay us another visit in the near future and congratulations on 35 years!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Perfect steak, good portions and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited with my husband on a Thursday evening using our Hilife Diners Card. The waiter was very polite and friendly on arrival and throughout the evening. When the waiter brought us the menus, he also brought a picture showing where each cut of meat comes from. My husband ordered the T-Bone and I ordered the tenderloin. The food was outstanding, I often eat steak when out for a meal and this was up there with the best. I asked for mine rare, and it was perfectly cooked (I often find many places overcook the meat for my tatses). We also had 3 sides to share, we could've easily managed with just 1 or 2. the mushrooms and onion rings were lovely, my only slight criticism would be the chips being a little undercooked. We didn't have much room for dessert, but went for it anyway! The cheesecake is fantastic, and a very generous portion. The total cost was ~£75 including drinks (without Hilfe it would've been ~£115). Overall a fantastic evening, nice atmosphere, great food and service. A bonus is they didn't mark our Hilife card so we can use it again. We'll be back very soon!

“Worth to go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

It's amazing place for anyone who loves tasty food. With my friends, I have steak and lobster as main course. Marshmallow is an extra bonus after the meal. Strongly advise!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MidtownGrillManager, Manager at Midtown Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your evening with us at Midtown Grill, a lovely picture of our crab cocktail. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind review and I hope we see you again soon.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Awesome steaks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Having recently purchased a hi-life card, thought I'd give this place a try. It is overpriced, but then hotel restaurants always are, so 2-4-1 was the perfect opportunity to give it a go.
Service is top notch, staff know their stuff, and the steaks are fantastic. The lobster was a little on the small side, so wouldn't recommend but do try the sides - especially the baked potato.
Needs a little more atmosphere, but overall an excellent experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very much for your kind review of our restaurant, the staff were really pleased to hear your praise of their knowledge and skills.

I'm very glad you enjoyed your evening with us and hope that you visit us again soon.