“Just the facelift it needed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Leeds Centre

You added Novotel Leeds Centre to your Saves list
Novotel Leeds Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Whitehall | Whitehall Quay, Leeds LSI 4HR, England (Leeds City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersSilver level
Barnsley
“Just the facelift it needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Yet another stay for us at the Novotel in Leeds. Again we found it to be one of the most reasonably priced hotels in the city.

The staff were very friendly as always and the new look in the bar area really is very modern and eye catching. The room was a lot more modern and clean in it's design and the softly backlit headboard was definitely novel.

Breakfast - much cheaper if you pre-order online - was hot and plentiful. We have stayed in a fair few hotels of a similar reputation but so far I've got to say that the Novotel breakfast is the best of them. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and considering how downright rude some of the guests were to them I can only credit them for keeping their smiles and just getting on with it.

The only niggles I have are minor. The recent refurb has seen them go to the awful 'floating' toilets that their sister chain, Ibis, seem to prefer. Personally I dislike them and I would rather have a more sturdy looking fitting to frequent! When we had one complaint about some rather noisy guests above us who appeared to be playing leap frog after midnight we were assured that it would be checked out and the noise stopped shortly after. Finally I'd say that the air-con was struggling a little in the hot weather so take a fan with you if you want a cool room.

I'd have no qualms in recommending this hotel to anyone travelling to Leeds and we'll definitely book there next time we visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room but not on floor 1 - this is where the conferencing suites are!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I am delighted to read you have stayed with us on more than one occassion, I am grateful for your kind words.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights whilst away on business. All in all it was a nice experience. The staff were friendly and courteous throughout, right the way from check in and in the restuarant and bar. The room was comfortable, clean and modern and the air conditioning was a godsend given how hot the weather was!

The food was of a decent standard both at breakfast and evening meal. The brekafast in particular kept me full most of the day and was very tasty.

I also made use of the gym whilst staying which was well equipped and is free to use.

The location of the hotel is also fairly central and very close to the railway station. I had stayed at this hotel previously in 2008 and was previously impressed, I have to say I was impressed again and it would certainly be in my thoughts for any future trips to Leeds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments.

I have shared your comments regarding the food with chef, he was very happy to hear them.

We will look forward to your return.

Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stay a quite a lot of hotels and to be honest I am not difficult to please but I do have things I miss when they are not there, and it was an absolute pleasure to stop at this hotel and see all my pet peeves vanished. 1. An iron in the room, yes, 2. You very rarely see this one, but a heated mirror so when I shave after a shower I can see myself, yes, 3. A nice simple breakfast and not lots of different cheeses and weird meats, just a selection of cereals, fruit juices, bread and a fry up, yes. 4. An on-site car park that is reasonably priced, yes and 5. A nice bed with extra pillows, yes.

All in all a really pleasant stay and the staff were really friendly as well.

Thank you Novotel!

Room Tip: Book your breakfast when you book the room. A lot cheaper that way.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback.

We hope to be part of your future plans when visiting Leeds.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel last minute and got an excellent price, the location is perfect two mins walk away from train station and 5 mins from shops and restaurants, we will definately be staying in this hotel again when visiting leeds

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback.

I was delighted to read your comments, I will be happy to share them with the team.

hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I Visited this hotel for my birthday with my partner and another couple. the hotel and rail with evening meal and breakfast only cost £79 per person for 1 Night. when we arrived at the hotel we couldn't believe we only paid £79.The hotel is very stylish and the rooms are modern and very spacious. the beds are comfortable, rooms have a Tv, sofa,wardrobe with hangers a separate toilet from the shower room, the shower is very spacious. The evening meal was very nice .Breakfast was the best you can help yourself to everything from English breakfast, fruit, yoghurts, cereal plus much more. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback.

I am happy to see you stay with us when you are in Leeds, we will look forward to your future visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

In a city which is ever so noisey at night this is a relief, the rooms are really quiet and comfortable. Parking is available on site but pricey, you are better off parking over the road and walking back, it only takes 5mins and will save £7. Good bar, the food is ok nothing fancy.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, July 22, 2013

Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A very good hotel if your on a budget, I recommend the Executive rooms which have been refurbished and are good value at c£89 during the week. I stay here often and have never had a bad nights sleep, whilst its centrally located it is not noisy. The restaurant is ok if you don't want anything fancy but your better off going into the centre where there are loads of good alternatives. I can't fault the largely French staff who are always friendly. The only criticism is the gym which needs some new equipment.

Room Tip: Get an exec room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mathieu21, Manager at Novotel Leeds Centre, responded to this review, July 17, 2013

Hotel Manager

Been to Novotel Leeds Centre? Share your experiences!