“Most authentic thai meal, just like in thailand” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Aroy Dee - CLOSED

Thai Aroy Dee
112 Vicar Lane, Leeds, England (Quarry Hill)
0113-245-2174
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quarry Hill
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Most authentic thai meal, just like in thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you dont mind your starter and mains arriving together, i advise you to go there, the food is fresh and delicious and constantly of a high quality. Advise you to book as they are turning people away at all times of the day.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

A small restaurant on the outskirts of the usual shopping area in a run down part of Leeds which, at first glance, doesn't look too great (Adult superstore a few doors away!). If you ignore the surroundings though and walk through the door you will notice many other Asian people have chosen to eat here. Testament to the authentic nature of the food. You do need to book as they were constantly turning people away when we ate there. The only negative is the venue itself which is too small for the number of tables but if you can live with this, the food is second to none. I have eaten at a number of Thai restaurants and this tops them all. Remember to bring your own alcoholic drinks as the place is unlicensed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good Dinner - even better drinks (byo bottle)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Whilst looking for a cheap dinner out with girlfriends we were recommended this unlicensed Thai restaurant. I love an unlicensed place, I can take the wine I like rather than having to settle for some dubious glass of Sauvignon or Chardonnay.

So we booked a table!!

The restaurant itself is not pretty, none of the tables and chairs match and the toilet (although very clean) can only really be described as old. But it smells very tasty and is well attended by Thais.

We perused the menu, salivating and finally decided that in order to try the maximum amount of dishes that a set menu for four for the princely sum of £15 each was what we needed. We got a 4 starters; chicken satay, fish cakes, spare ribs and chicken wantons. And it was a very generous portion, and once we had eaten the starter I rather wished that there would be a reasonable break before our main course arrived. Much to my chagrin there was not.
The main course arrived and it was plentiful. We got a full portion of rice each, to accompany it there was a beef red curry, stir-fried vegetables, a duck and vegetable dish, stir-fried chicken, and one other that I can’t recall and it was all yummy. Each dish was delicious and bursting with flavour. I really think that the amount of food we had on our table would have been enough to feed 6. we left so much and I felt so incredibly guilty about it. Next time I will definitely be taking my left overs home!

Because we had taken our own wine it cost us just £15 a head – very good value and very good quality food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food and lovely relaxed environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had the deep fried seabass with coconut cream and the Weeping tiger. The food was super ....really authentic and fresh!

The service was great and we like that you could bring your own drink!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds
“Authentic Thai food at Thai prices ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The food at this restaurant is delicious, very authentic and such good value. It's only small and very popular so make sure you book and I guarantee you will not be disappointed!