“Better than Malmaison” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 1 The Light, The Headrow, Leeds LS1 8TL, England (Leeds City Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #26 of 89 Hotels in Leeds
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Better than Malmaison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I reviewed Malmaison in February 2012 (Good not great) and chose not to go there again. I have stayed in this hotel twice since. I don't regard this hotel as in the same niche that Malmaison is trying to fill. The receptionists and all other staff are very welcoming and as its prices are much lower than Malmaison I expected us to find our own rooms. These were a surprise, really nice, modern with lovely touches and spacious.
There is a very nice area near reception to have a coffee or something stronger and the breakfast choice is excellent.

Room Tip: We have seen four of their rooms and they have all been excellent
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
middlesbrough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night with a hen party and i must say it was very enjoyable.
Rooms really lovely,bed very comfortable,bathroom very well equipped.
breakfast was a treat as normally on a diet but couldnt resist the cooked brekkie as it looked so nice and tasted wonderful,plenty of coffee to go with it.

Found all staff very helpful and pleasant even booking in our large party,the rooms were not all ready when we arrived,one was ready so they allowed us all to drop our bags in this one and off we went.

Must also say after a night in town we came back and had a nightcap at the bar and the staff there were very friendly and made us feel very welcolme.

Would go back to this hotel and would recommend to everybody

5 out of 5 from me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Travelled here on business and was happy with the central location. The rooms were big and modern, with a comfy bed/lots of pillows. I had a standard room which meant that it faced into an internal courtyard. Therefore NO fresh air which is annoying as I like to sleep with a window open. I couldnt get some of the lights to turn off and my TV kept turning back on which was frustrating so in the end I just took the main card key out of the socket. Good soaps and lotions in the bathroom though :)

Breakfast OK. £11 is expensive though for a weetabix. It wasnt spectacular but it was nice.

Front desk service was really bad. Sorry to name and shame but Brinda didnt do a good job. She ignored us for 10 minutes as we stood there to check in, then was snappy and short and didnt make us feel welcome at all. We had her again for check out and her customer service skills were very poor when my colleague raised a complaint. This needs to be addressed as it would probably put me off going back!!! Other employees there were nice and the guy on breakfast was chirpy and polite.

Overall fine for what we needed but not sure if I would return.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights here for weekend in Leeds. Excellently situated to explore city and very short walk from train station.
Full cooked breakfast absolutely lovely. Just what you need to set you up for a days shopping and to recover from the night before.
Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
LeedsGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you loved our super buffet breakfast!
Valerie Stewart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights this week. Very happy with the bedroom, although I had the same problem as someone else with the tv turning itself back on!!
Bed was gorgeously comfy, loved the pillows and the lighting in the room was lovely.
Breakfast was perfect for me, lovely choice and freshly cooked.
Loved the fire in the bar, sorry not to be able to spend any time in there!
Was a great location. Will be back thanks.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you loved our new beds!
Valerie Stewart
Northwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel before and it was notable this time that the attention to detail has been lost.

The room was tired with broken cupboards, the mini bar not working, the plug broken and the TV marked.

Complaints went unaddressed and this left a bad taste.

However. The bed is comfortable, the location is great and it wouldn't take much to make this hotel what it once was.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am extremely disappointed to read your comments regarding the level of service you received and your comments being unaddressed. This is inexcusable and certainly not the Yes I Can! Service that our company prides itself on.
We are working on our planned maintenance schedule as we speak to ensure the repairs needed to the bedrooms are actioned and to keep the bedrooms up to standard. I am also working with the team on the finer details and ensure we pay attention to detail, so next time you come back you should notice a difference!
I am pleased to hear you like our new beds!
Valerie
Blu17
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great access to the main city and shops. Good facilities. Bar area is nice and welcoming. The rooms we have stayed in have been a little dated compared to other more up market hotels in the area (still same price point).
Breakfast is good but nothing special.
Staff are always very pleasant and friendly.
Good place to stay and use as a central point, would recommend eating out as there are plenty of nice restaurants around the complex.
Big downside- car park is a little further than most and you have to carry all your luggage down some steps as there is no ramp/ lift.
Business- good place to stay when away on business.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the team made your stay more welcoming.
I appreciate your feedback about the bedrooms, although an art deco designed hotel, we are awaiting feedback on our refurbishment plans for the bedrooms. Should you drive to the hotel again, please note there is a luggage drop off point located on Cookridge Street to ensure access is easier for yourself, a member of our team would be delighted to assist with your luggage, just ask at reception. Alternatively, The Light car park has lifts which bring you internally into The Light complex where we are situated.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu soon!

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds? Share your experiences!