“Disgusting Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #324 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Continental, Bistro, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Ideally located between Horsforth, Farsley and Pudsey, Cafe Fraiche is a great stop for early breakfast or a spot of lunch. With outdoor seating, parking, toilet facilities and vast menu, it is a must for individuals and families alike.
Leeds
“Disgusting Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Myself and 2 friends went last week for lunch with our children. We were disgusted when the owner told our children to keep the noise down!!! My friend is pregnant and the owner was very rude to her and upset her alot. My friend has recently moved into the area and will not be giving Cafe Fraiche her customer or any of her visitors.

• Visited June 2013
Rachel S, Owner at Cafe Fraiche, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
On your previous visit to the cafe, two tables complained about the noise made by the children. On your last visit, in a busy environment in which people were trying to enjoy a quiet lunch, your children again entered the cafe and started to run around and shout. My husband politely asked you to calm the children down because we understood that other customers were being disturbed. At no point whatsoever was my husband rude to you. Once you had left the premises, three separate customers thanked us. We have nothing against people bringing in children, but it is not acceptable in a busy area for customers to be disturbed by children shouting at high levels and running around when hot food is being served. I'm sure you would have been the first one to complain had your child been scalded by running around when hot food and drinks had been served?

Leeds
“Great Place Great People Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Been going here for years, the food is great, the service is good, it can get very busy so a wait is sometimes unavoidable, worth it though. The recently completed renovation has transformed the place, bringing it right up to date with a new toilet facility too.

Serkan & Rachel work very hard to make this business work, in my opinion it's the finest place around this locality for a breakfast or a light lunch.

keep up the great work.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lee, United Kingdom
“A refurb? It's like a brand new cafe!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have frequented Cafe Fraiche numerous times over the last couple of years, and have never been able to fault both the service and the food. Following the refurb, I returned as soon as possible and was amazed at the transition! The cafe has been tastefully redecorated, has the feeling of being twice the size, with plenty of brand new furniture and more seating available.On this visit I had the Full English Breakfast which, as always, was very tasty and so filling that I didn't need to eat anything else during the day until my evening meal! My only dilemma when the nicer weather arrives will be whether to sit outside in the sunshine, or inside in the lovely new surroundings!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just what the doctor ordered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We had only been once before a year or so ago, back then we were a little suprised at the lack of tables,.it seemed more like a take away than a cafe. To our absolute delight we dropped in on Sunday, and what a transformation! My daughtet had not been feeling too well but the Bacon Sandwich she had really perked her up! I went for the Classic Breakfast, a real bargin at £4.50, although I do like my sausages whole and not sliced in half! But then I understand that this is as much for quickness as anything and I certainly didn't grumble when it hit my table less than 15mins later. The couple in the new open kitchen were chatting away, in Greek or Turkish and we felt like we were on holiday! We will certainly be back very soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
leeds
“Friendly Neighbourhood Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Cafe Fraiche isn't the closest lunch option to my home, but is generally my location of choice when I'm at home through the day. The recent refurbishment, completed May 13 has totally transformed the place. It now has a much more spacious feel, with nice modern decor, additional seating and unobtrusive background music. There's also outdoor seating for the rare occasions the sun comes out in Rodley. The food is always good-I've never had a bad meal there. The breakfasts are large, well cooked and filling and the melts are favourites with the many regulars. (The meatball melt is a local legend!). The owners are always friendly and service is good -If they're busy they'll generally advise on likely waiting time.

Cafe Fraiche has more of a cafe bar/coffee shop feel than a restaurant (its not licenced) , but is a good option for breakfast or lunch - in my opinion the best in Rodley/Horsforth/Farsley/Pudsey area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere