“A nice posh curry” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #195 of 1,446 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Halal, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated on the rather swish York Place, close to Leeds mainline railway station, Miah’s Place is an Indian restaurant with a wow factor. Right from the outset you really know that you’re in for something special – the restaurant is set within one of the old red brick buildings, behind wrought iron low fencing, its subtle signage indicating that Miah’s Kitchen, a small scale chain making waves throughout Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, is perhaps a little more special than your average Indian eatery. Through the portico-ed front door you’ll enter a stylish dining room furnished in an unusual Art Deco inspired style, with ball topped lamps, sensuous lines and low slung leather seating, all in low key tones. Miah’s Kitchen offers an extensive menu of old Indian favourites, ranging from tandoori dishes to biryanis and baltis as well as a good collection of specialties created especially for the restaurant, using contemporary and traditional techniques. Surprisingly affordable, Miah’s Kitchen provides an upmarket take on Indian dining without the price tag.
“A nice posh curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here with a colleague on a Monday evening. The decor is very nice and the staff were welcoming. Only had a main meal and some beers. My chicken jalfrezi was good. Good value compared to London prices.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Get the lamb shashlik karai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

One of the best curries I've ever had, and the staff are professionals - proper customer service. On several occasions I've taken friends, and they always treat you like royalty. I've never had an order messed up or been dissatisfied with the food. I can also recommend their takeway / delivery service - excellent curry at a very good price. I go there about once a month.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Slough, United Kingdom
“Nice Restaurant with Attentive Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Food was not the best but of a good standard. This Indian restaurant is not authentic in style and is designed to cater for a blander palet. Service was friendly and attentive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“15th jan purfect night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

13 of us went to miahs on the 15th of jan for a birthday meal, glad we chose miahs. The place is very modern with a good ambience! It was very busy for a Tuesday but the service was still of a high standard, and the quality of the food was very very good. The staff are very friendly and good hosts. the Surprise birthday cake with a sparkler in it went a treat as well as a complimentary homemade kulfi (rose flavour), been to many restaurants in Leeds and would highly recommend miahs to anyone as I have already booked to come for my anniversary.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had been to the restaurant on 16 Jan, in the afternoon.

I had asked for "a Tarka dal and Pilau Rice".
Initially the tarka dal was served with no salt.
I have asked him to give some salt to add.

Later just after I had the first spoon with the pilau rice, I realized that the Tarkadal was served without garlic, as it generally would be.
I have asked for that and the person to add some garlic as it usually would be. He was so rude and said I should have told at the very beginning.

Brought the same with added garlic and said that no one complains about the tarka dal, its just me who has done that.

I have decided to walk out after a heated argument about this, and asked for a bill/receipt.
Then I found that they wont maintain any computerized receipts (which is totally unusual) in restaurant business, and went on to add he can give the VAT number on a plain paper and give it in writing. I insisted on a computerized receipt and he said its not a practice at their place.
Surprisingly, the food bill was way too high than what I expected.
I have asked for a side dish+ rice. I was served maincourse rates. Shocking !!
Used some useless words and asked me to go out.

I am not sure if the plain paper receipts are given only in the afternoon.

Anyways, be sure of what you ask and all the very best if you want to get into this restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere