“Very good food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Barbecue, Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cow | Pig | Poultry | Burgers | Salads Opening Hours: Monday 6pm - 10pm Tuesday 6pm - 10pm Wednesday 6pm - 10pm Thursday 6pm - 10pm Friday 12pm - 10pm Saturday 12pm - 10pm Sunday 12pm - 6pm
Yorkshire
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were having a Christmas shopping day in Leeds a couple of weeks ago and wanted to eat somewhere we had not been before. We stumbled on the cattle grid and to say it was busy, the food and service were very good and a reasonable price. We had the hog roast sandwich with chips and onion strings which were delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“fantastic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went to cattle grid for our works Christmas party 20 of us the service was first class and our food was perfect,a very big thank you to Dave and his staff for everything,have a very merry Christmas see you in the new year Jane Mark and Sam

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good food and good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

It was very busy when we visited the restaurant - it had a buzzing atmosphere, great for groups of friends but probably not the place for dinner for two.

We ordered a combo for starters which included ribs, which were delicious. We all had different burgers for main course, with side dishes including fries, onion rings and macaroni cheese. I thought the macaroni cheese was a bit of a random choice but it was really lovely. All the burgers were good, and the portions were very generous - not one of us could finish everything we had been served.

Recommend this place for a casual dining night out - good food at reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Like a beefy Nando's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very noisy restaurant, unsuitable for a romantic meal. The service was more like a pub than a restaurant - we had about five different staff come to the table, none of whom seemed to take ownership for the service to our table. The rib starters were delicious, the steak main meal just okay and pretty average portion sizes. I expected so much more from a restaurant specialising in meat.
Fairly expensive given the quality of food and the dining experience. I'd much rather pay less for Nando's or a little bit more and get much better food elsewhere. There are other better and better-value steakhouses in Leeds

leeds
“Burger!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Not going to rule the place out on the basis of one visit but the staff need to ask how people like their steak cooked etc. I ordered a burger so I expected it to be cooked like a burger. I've never had to ask for a burger to be cooked 'well done' or any other way... it's a burger!! My burger was raw, not rare, not medium rare... it was raw mince. If someone served it to you from a bbq you'd bin it. Even the waitress looked shocked when I gave her my plate.
Sort it out whoever is in charge, it's a steak restaurant and not everybody is an expert in steak, ask questions and advise people. I'll try it again as I'm not usually a complainer.

• Visited December 2013