“Christmas do! a little disappointing for me” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #272 of 1,389 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: An independent city centre bar specialising in fine wine, eclectic spirits & home cooked locally sourced food. Venue Hire, Wine & Spirit tastings, Corporate Events & More. Shortlisted for Louis Roderer Imbibe Wine List of the Year Award in 2010, 2011 & 2012 Winner of Louis Roderer Imbibe Wine Bar Wine List of the Year 2012.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Christmas do! a little disappointing for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my first visit here, not impressed. Not sure what i expected although most of my work group enjoyed this venue. The area upsatairs was ok and we had toilets close. The food was very nice but only in small portions. The bar was downstairs and there was also a significant smell of sick as you entered the venue. You could not smell this upstairs. I should go on a different event/time as it could be better next time.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Leeds' very own 'Cheers'!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

With its stone floor, brick walls and high ceiling, Lazy Lounge should be a cold uninviting place. But it isn't! From the barrels outside, bottles filling every available shelf space inside, and an assortment of other quirky decorations, this is a bar that draws you in.

Once through the door, I was struck by the friendliness of the staff and their eagerness to please continued throughout our stay.

Ours was a weekday lunchtime visit and, although busy with what were clearly regulars from nearby offices, the bar provided prompt and efficient service. Of particular note was the non-alcoholic cocktail ordered by my companion which both looked and tasted amazing! For me, I loved the steak sandwich where the meat was tender and cooked to perfection.

Overall, I could quite understand other local bars being envious of this friendly welcoming place - it is quite simply Leeds' answer to 'Cheers'!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
manchester
“Not as good as previous visit..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We have been to the Lazy Lounge a couple of times before but never eaten there, and won't be doing again!
Its a lovely looking bar but hmm... Firstly I asked fora Grey Goose and soda with a twist of lime, what I actually got was a soda water with lime cordial in! My partner had a Rioja and we ordered food. I had Porobello mushrooms, he had the Gourmet burger.
Mine was ok, the burger buns were cheap white rolls which crumbled, and his burger was cold in the middle! We asked for another Rioja only to be told ' we dont do Rioja' so what the hell did u give us then!!
I asked for the password for the wi fi which came back incorrect, when I asked the barmaid she said ' oh sport it's broke'....
Sorry Lazy Lounge it's all gone downhill, stick to your Groupon wine tasting events :-(

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited the lazy lounge on a voucher and the food was really good, service good and atmosphere great. Really chilled out place, value for money, don't hesitate and noticed early bird menu top value. We will return

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Yorkshire
“A little disappointing....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My friend and I decided to try somewhere new for a midweek dinner and saw that the lazy lounge offer 241 on tastecard... I've been in for drinks before and like the ambience so was happy to try the food. I called to book and was told they were fully booked (Monday 5.30pm) but if we go down they will try and squeeze us in, which was great! We arrived at 4.30 as they don't start serving food until 5.30 and thought we stood a better chance of getting fed. The barman was great and offered food straight away (the place was almost empty). The starters were hot and tasty... we shared the fried brie and the fishcakes with poached egg and both were delicious.... then we had our main course and found it very disappointing. We went for the lazy gourmet burger as recommended by some reviewers and, although it looked very impressive, the bread was quite great and the beef and black pudding were so dry we couldnt eat it. The burger was more of a large meatball so everything had to be dissected and eaten separately anyway and it took me a while to find the blue cheese. The chips were huge and ok.... I think after having such a high quality starter, the main definitely lacked lustre and no desserts were offered so I assume they don't serve them which is odd. Also although the restaurant did get busier it was never 'fully booked' like we were told which was also odd. I think I would possibly go back here for a shoppers lunch and just stick to starters or a sharing platter... We also paid £25 for a bottle of prosecco which in our experience is above average as I have been to nicer places and pay around £18 to £20