“Poor” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had to send steak back as it was off,after a very long wait ,the second meal that replaced it was not much good either .did send a letter of complant in but did not receive a reply,so they don't appear bothered about there customers

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited her for the second time, the first being in April and must say I enjoyed the food as I had a veggie burger with mexican rice. This time however the food wasn't as good. It was fairly quiet just before 5pm on a Saturday with only a few people in. Food didn't take too long to arrive. I ordered an 8oz rump medium. However when it came on a sizzling skillet i found that it was more well done and when I turned it over it was black and burnt and was tough to eat so I sent it back as it was basically disgusting and no way was I going to eat it. When my replacement steak came back it was definitely a bit less than medium as was quite red but I ate it and it was nice and tender this time. Think I will give steak a miss next time though. My mum had a bbq chicken wrap. This came lukewarm and had to be returned, then whether it was her taste or not, she didn't like the sauce it was in so barely touched it. Later that evening she was sick so whether it was the food not really sure.

Think next time will go back to The Vesper Gate in Kirkstall as never had problem there.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“very nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

i went to the stone trough on saturday 10th august we were the second people in the pub so we were quite surprised when we had to wait for 45 minutes for our main courses we had the triple burger and the whole chicken and garlic bread with cheese to start the bill was £20.87 the food was very nice it was just a shame about the wait.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hot food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Never been to this restaurant before, so myself and a friend decided to give it a go. We called around 1.30pm and although not heaving with people there were quite a few people there, varying from elderly groups to parents with children to couples. Ordered prawn cocktail for starters, followed by surf and turf. But up-graded this to a 9oz rib eye steak. The lady on the desk was very polite and helpful, she took our order and told us it would be brought to our table. We did not have to wait to long before our starter arrived in a medium sized glass, plenty of prawns and also 2 half slices of brown bread and butter. This was all fresh and we truly enjoyed it. We had time to chat a while but not too long before our main arrived. This was brought on a skillet which consisted of rib-eyed steak, scampi half a tomato and fried onions, also a small dish of chips. Everything was piping hot, enough that I nearly burned my mouth on the tomato. We really felt full and enjoyed every mouthful. Looking at the menu and on certain days if you have children they can have a meal for £1 when accompanied by full paying adult. This we feel is heaven sent in today's tight financial climate. Lots to choose from and would certainly go again. The Sunday lunches look lovely too

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good solid pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lovely atmospheric pub with very surly manager but fantastic staff who work tirelessly to be efficient. Very very limited vegetarian menu but the quorn fillets and 4 peppercorn sauce and just delicious. Vast range of meat and fish options. I have expressed by concerns about the limited vegetarian options, but sadly this seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Visited June 2013